Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Most Helpful|
Love My Car!
By kajun8girl

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Sentra with 10 miles on it. I keep up with my regular maintenance (oil, tires, filters etc). The only mechanical issue I have had was a sensor went out. $34 it was fixed (by me). I now have 195k miles on my car and it still drives wonderful! Yes I have some of the simular issues that others have had, my trunk only pops with the key (I know what is wrong but haven't had time to take it appart-simple fix), the back door handles pop out on occassion. But for the price I paid for my car, the MANY road trips from TX to LA and the fact that I have 2 children under 10-I would say I have gotten my monies worth. I still get excellent gas miliage!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I would make is the quality of the material on the interior of the car. I have been hit 4 times since I have purchased my car - the outside of the car has done wonderful!

I hate this car.
By kaylynn

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had non-stop problems with this car since 3 weeks after I bought it. It has problems starting and has recently quit starting all together. Constantly having to replace spark plugs. It handles poorly in the snow and rain. I have reason to believe that the dealership knew about these problems before I bought it, as seeing how they admitted it when I took it into them. The warranty doesn't cover any of the problems I have had.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING!!

Sick of crap going wrong
By sick

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I used to have 3 B210's when I was in school. I thought these were reliable cars. I have been driving toyota's for the last 5 yrs. Well, I'm going back to toyota's. This car has had more problems than I had pimples in high school. I would not tell anyone to buy this car. I've had a new motor, computer, all wire-harness, sensors & a number of other things replaced on it. I think this car should be recalled. Maybe, I just got a Lemon.

Favorite Features

I like the way the car looks, I hate the egg shape of the new cars

Suggested Improvements

The interior being 2 different colors is ugly. I think you should go back & work on that. Also, I think you should work on the motors & don't send them out unless they are 100% Nissan ready. Be a company we can depend on.

Nissan Sentra
By purplesky

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is not a good first new car to purchase. The minute I drove it off the lot things started to fall apart inside. Foam shooting from the heat vents. Weird odors from the melted adhesive in the dash. Heater not blowing hot air out of driver's side vent (but it can blow cold air just fine!) New strut replacement. Speakers replaced several times--crackle/pop noises. New exhaust replacement. Cheap plastic door panels. I think the list could keep going....

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable. Large trunk space. Fits well into small parking spaces.

Suggested Improvements

Spend some more time and money making these cars as good as Nissan says they are.

WORST CAR I'VE EVER HAD
By Worst car ever

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst car ever. 4 recalls so far. Uncomfortable, small, cramped, weak engine, slow, unreliable. Broke down 4 times. In process of filing complaint with BBB. And Nissan doesn't want to help at all. Hopefully this will help some poor fool to not make the same mistake as me. STAY AWAY!!!