2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Basic QG Manual
By b15uqg on 12/07/13 21:25 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 1.8s Manual Sentra is a quick little QG that I love driving and doing mods to. Stock it will do 0-60 in 7.8 seconds (if you're good at power shifting). It's super good on gas, picks up speed well, a lot of torque in 4th gear. I easily get up to 90mph in 4th gear, doesn't even get loud. The car has 114,000 miles on it too. I haven't had to fix/replace anything on it yet. Clutch might be starting to get a little slippy because I dropped it to do burnouts. If you buy this car from a dealer I can bet you it will be extremely reliable.

nothing but problems.
By shotgun1496 on 07/26/12 00:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car from carmax. the stereo skips non stop, had to change the starter three times, dash lights went out, had to have the ignition switch replaced twice. hard to start the car, often time you have to shut the engine off and back on, because the car just wont go above 20, steering is difficult, and i'm 6ft so the car isn't the most roomy, the riding comfort is the only good thing. overall bad car.

Love My Car!
By kajun8girl on 04/24/12 11:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Sentra with 10 miles on it. I keep up with my regular maintenance (oil, tires, filters etc). The only mechanical issue I have had was a sensor went out. $34 it was fixed (by me). I now have 195k miles on my car and it still drives wonderful! Yes I have some of the simular issues that others have had, my trunk only pops with the key (I know what is wrong but haven't had time to take it appart-simple fix), the back door handles pop out on occassion. But for the price I paid for my car, the MANY road trips from TX to LA and the fact that I have 2 children under 10-I would say I have gotten my monies worth. I still get excellent gas miliage!

bad luck with cars
By wyant on 06/02/11 03:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had my 2004 nissan sentra since February. I've had nothing but problems with it. I've already had to have a new cat converter put on. Light is on again for a gas cap code, and then last night i hit the on button for cruise....and my horn honked. It honks now whether i turn my cruise on or off. And then a couple times it didn't do it!!! Anyone else having the same problems? Especially the horn honking!!

WILL NEVER BUY NISSAN AGAIN
By melissa34 on 12/17/10 19:09 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 06. I bought it with 33K miles on it. It's now at 115K miles. 4 months after my brakes failed. I called the dealership that sold it to me and they told me there's nothing they can do. It did run well for a while. It's now sitting because nobody can figure out what's wrong with it. I was told that I need to replace my piston rings cuz they are shot. My spark plugs keep fouling out so then the car won't start. It might run for a week if I'm lucky with new plugs in it, but then it just won't start. I give up sinking money into it. I will definitely never buy another Nissan again even if it's my only option!

2004 nissan sentra 1.8 liter 4 door
By jrb on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this Nissan 4 yrs ago. Had to replace breaks, tires, wheel baring starts hard and some times will not start at all, the radio went out 1 yr after purchased, trunk leaks water pump went out 102,000, dip stick broke, engine lite stays on all the time.

Nissan
By Bao on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 170K on it. everything is still good, but the starter is hard to start. I have a friend who drives the same car and they have the same problem. I'm not sure if this problem only exist in nissan sentras or other nissan as well. This is my first car so i don't really find it annoying. However, i will NEVER buy this car again and i do not recommend anyone to buy it.

Very reliable car
By Theron on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it new and have always enjoyed it. I purchased it for economy and reliability and it has not disappointed me. These cars have very good trade-in value and are even good to keep as a commuter.

Great Little Compact
By Erin in Indy on 07/16/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004. I was downgrading quite a bit, so it took some time to get used to it. But other than my 'snobbishness' to it originally, it's been a great little car. I have over 100K miles on it, have driven it from IN to TX and to FL a couple times, plus a 60 mile commute for work everyday. I've had very little trouble with it mechanically. Had an engine issue a couple yrs after I bought it, but that was covered under my warranty. Otherwise only normal things like new tires and brakes. It's been comfortable on long road trips. I wouldn't want to sit in the back for very long but then I again, I don't have to. :)

Love this little car!
By Rach on 07/02/10 17:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Love love this car! NO PROBLEMS at all. Definitely recommended. Cute exterior and drives well even at 60+ miles per hour.