Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Love it so far
By Jewey

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well worth the money. Very strong 4 cyl. Bought mine used and am very satisfied. Replaced battery and a tire, that's it. Great gas mileage.

None

I am sorry that I bought this car
By CFF

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new because it had been recommended to me as a reliable car. Well, those who told me that were wrong. I hate this car. It has had problems from the moment I bought it. The catalytic converter has been replaced 5 times! They have replaced the belts over and over because there is a squeaking sound that can't be figured out. Yesterday it completely died and a costly repair is needed. I wish I could throw this car away!! There is no room in the backseat or the trunk. I can barely fit a car seat in it. I did not like getting stranded on the side of the road with my 7 month old on a 100 degree day. I will never buy a Nissan again.

mileage

everything else.

A Summary of Nissan Sentra Experience
By kapes13

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Vehicle was purchased with 24K miles and has needed serpentine belt replacement, has had 2 recalls all new exhaust and catalytic converter be sure and get fixed on recall, needed ECM reprogram on recall. BAD PROBLEM had fuel shoot out the nozzle, this is the Vent Control Valve needs to be replaced. Mine also has the starting issues and had to modify battery terminals. Also will not eject CD and there has been an onset of dropped mileage since exhaust replacement. Now car has 69,000, trying to take care of it so it will drive 200K, we will see. The car is okay I guess, please heed these issues.

Was great on mileage but since recall replacement mileage is sketchy somewhat reliable if you watch it great power and handling for 4 cylinder like that.

More room in back seat. We will see if the car goes the distance so many Nissan owners claim they run 200K I will try with this one for sure not hopeful right now.

Stay Away
By SteveS

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchase new as economical transportation. Owned Nissans in the past with much luck. However this vehicle will make me reconsider purchase of product in the future. Poor reliability - have invested more in repairs on this vehicle than my 93 Nissan pick-up.

Economical - getting approx. 35 MPG

Seats are very uncomfortable, difficult to drive more than 3 hours in vehicle

Never Again
By PPerk

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I way overpaid for a 2004 in 2005, my fault for being in a hurry. Car only had 10500 on it. Have replaced the serpentine belt and both drive belts, the front brakes. The interior looked good when I bought it but the old stains the dealer tried to hide came back - like did they spill a gallon of coffee in the back seat or what? I hold my breath every time I drive it and cannot wait to get a new car.

The newer models are better, maybe still will never buy another one

• SUV