2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Fun for your money
By Matt on 05/28/05 07:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First, this car was quite inexpensive. A great value, but lacking in some areas. I don't think it compares to luxury sport vehicles, but it finds its way to the top of the pack for vehicles under $17k. The 2.5L motor is so torquey you can pull with most v6's off the line (however it's not so tough on the highway). Handling is for tuned for driving fanatics, with excellent response and minimal roll, but the 17 in. wheels and hardened bushings relay every bump on longer drives. Adequate interior - love the seats, but the plastics scratch up quite easily. Exterior was "updated" for '04 to match the base model... Now there's no escaping the ugly "bucktooth"!

Oil Well Wanted
By Annointed on 05/27/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car after dealership replaced catalytic convertor due to an engine code began using oil at an alarming rate-a quart every 6-700 miles. They don't know why and are putting me through hoops doing an "oil consumption test" that will take months to complete the way they want to do it. Meanwhile I have a car I can't trust to take far from home. Very sorry I purchased a Nissan.

Car has some problems
By chris713 on 05/24/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is decent for the money but comes with some problems. Car won't start on the first try sometimes. Sometimes it starts, then dies. Drives fine though. CD player won't eject my CD. Gas mileage not up to expectations.

Declared a Lemon
By Edward on 05/24/05 02:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

With this vehicle, I REALLY feel that I am being ripped off since the reliability has dipped WAY below zero in my book, and there were times that I felt Hyundais were better cars until I read worse reviews. Either way, I could've had my Buick repaired for the price of 1-3 loan payments instead of paying $320/month for an unreliable piece of junk that I had to tow twice, stall on the freeway and lose a job over the refusal to provide loaner cars. I had to bring in the car 8 times within the last year for ECU, brakes and transmission issues, and I sincerely thank the BBB for helping me win a Lemon Law settlement!

2004 sentra 2.5 sedan
By c avnyin on 05/19/05 16:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

after owning a corolla and civic both 1.8's I test drove the 2004 sentra 1.8. not much difference between all of them. Then I test drove the sentra 2.5 what a pleasure This car really moves. tons of power. A pleasure to drive. I bought it last June and so far no problems For the price I paid it was a bargain I couldn't pass up

Horrible Purchase
By Horrible Car on 05/10/05 09:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Within the first year I owned this car, the drive belt had to be replaced and was on back order which tells me this is a common problem with this vehicle, I had to have the cd player replaced because it wouldn't eject my cd, and I have had problems with it starting. The dealership told me it had a "10 second start". That does explain why it tries to start and dies. I will never buy a Nissan again. I encourage all others to take my experience into consideration.

My 175 HP Baby
By Aaron on 04/08/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

So Far the only probs in having is finding aftermarket parts that really fit. got a b&m shifter and had to make some mods to get it to fit. Also got a piggy back computer from Stillen and could not get it to work right, but they helped me with everything and gave me a refund for the chip. the car has alot of power to spare. if you like to play on the streets then this car is for you.

Best little car in town
By HRD on 02/17/05 19:50 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE everything about my new 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S. I shopped on line for a month,comparing Honda, Toyota, Hyundai compact sedans.The Sentra was my last choice, until I saw it and test drove it. I knew this was MY car, and it moved all the way up to #1 spot. I also thought it was at least $10K more than it's actual price tag!I love the great front and rear design, sleek and elegant,the interior dash is well laid out with easy access to all controls, the exterior/interior workmanship, fabrics and construction is superior to it's competitors. This car has great zip, steering control and it really hugs curves on winding roads. The doors slam shut with the sound of a really expensive car.

more quality please
By professor on 01/22/05 22:19 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drove a 1994 Sentra for 200,000 miles-great car, so I purchased another. My 2004 model seems like the same car. It must have been built by the same people. I've had it in the shop twice. Once to replace steering system due to a leak and the belts are loud (which are not covered under warranty). A speaker is busted and the fuel mileage is low (32mpg).

10,000 Mile Follow Up
By fratomdev on 01/13/05 13:52 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

No complaints. Still get over 30mpg combined highway and city. No rattles or repairs. Tires are not good in the snow - in fact look to replace them for Winter driving. Other than that I like the car and would consider Nissan when I buy a mid sized car in a few years. Nice trunk.