Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 255 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

This car is junk ! ! !
By 04 SPEC-V

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 04 SPEC-V with only 4,000 miles on it. It has all options except the stereo system upgrade. It was practically brand new. At about 20,000 miles the front struts went out. At 30,000 the rear struts needed to be replaced. At 48,000 the front struts needed to be replaced AGAIN. The build quality of this car is horrible. Mine came with the Brembo brakes. What the hell is NISSAN thinking Brembo brakes but no ABS. They are completely useless in snow or rain. Even cheap cars like KIA offer you ABS. Transmission doesn't always shift properly into reverse. The summer tires it came with do not last. I wish i never bought this car. I'm very disappointed.

Nothing. Would have been better off buying a Focus SVT

Pretty much everything. Better build quality and put some damn ABS on you cars.

Disappointed
By SE-R Spec V

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a used 04 SE-R Spec V with only 4,000 miles on it. i'm very disappointed with it. The fuel mileage is average. The first gear is too short and sometimes it is a pain to put it in reverse. The ride is too harsh over little bumps and the suspension is bad. I had front struts replaced after 20K miles and rear twice at 25K and 57K miles. Many little irritating problems like the emergency brake light refuses to go off, it comes with stock summer only tires, factory speakers not that great, no ABS on a car at this price point is ridiculous. Even KIA offers ABS on their much cheaper models.

Decent fuel economy,

A LOT. The worst is mine came with brembo brakes but no ABS. What the hell? The brakes were useless in rain or snow. Fix the suspension. change the gear ratio so the first gear is not so short or change it to a 5 speed.

04 nissan sentra
By Christina

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car trying to save a little money. Well little did I know it would be no money saver. Common problems I have found are the cd gets stuck and wont come out-makes a clicking noise. I suppose I will have to have that replaced. In addition, I have problems starting the car. Check engine light comes on randomly. Have had sensors replaced. Have only had it for a month. First time Nissan owner and last.

the b man
By The B Man

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Sentra now has 64k miles and the only problem I've ever had was the seat material that ripped 4 times and I has it replaced under Nissan's warranty. The back seat is so tight that you should consider offering someone a ride back there. The 30 MPG on the highway is great and it works great for me, since I just use this car on my daily commute. Cheap and reliable transportation.

Economic reliable

More room in the back seat

Not a terrible car
By herb45

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I already have a new car, but started a new job and drive 43 miles one way. So I bought a 2004 Sentra with 55,800 miles on it to keep the miles off the new one and thought it would be a great car. Well, the mileage is great, 25 mpg city/37 mpg hwy. Great for an automatic. I have had to have quite a few things replaced, as it was a repo. I only paid 5400 for the car, but have had to replace gas tank seal, alternator belt/pulley, crankshaft & camshaft sensors, and had to order dye for the carpet & upholstery (special order), as I am trying to make the car look as nice as possible. I just hope I won't have to replace anything for a while. I did manage to drive about 2000 miles before the sensors were replaced.

Gas mileage, open engine bay, quiet engine

Better seat materials, get rid of the"turn the engine to the run position, count to five, then start" syndrome, squealing brakes.