Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Nissan Sentra 2004 1.8L S Auto,
By jason

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

good car reliable, but comes with some problems... yea i had to replace Stock CD deck for the same thing..the shocks on the back are gone on mine at 100,000km. Other than that very nice car... but very bad crash ratings!!!

Gas mileage on premium is 35 mpg city!! 32 on regular...i can go 450-500km on a tank.

the stock stereo is really bad..

No more nissans for me!
By GruchMasta

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my hmmm 4th and last nissan - i owned models from 1989 - all sentras - and this one - 2004 -it is driving disaster - everything brakes in it - at 40k-belts - at 55k-water pump - at 35k !!!-clock spring for horn and airbag ! when i research it is on almost half of nissan production -maybe it is time for recall ???- at 65k-charcoal filter release valve ?!?!-fuel were shooting out of the gas tank and rpms were high , now the check engine is on - one of the 02 sensors -i guess..... you dont know what may be tomorrow !!! thankfully didnt stop dead on the road yet but you dont know what will happen in the future ,oh and the paint is so cheap - about 1 year later started to fade...junk !

still driving and didnt stop dead on the road

paint ,water pump ,airbag clock spring ,suspension ,charcoal tank release valve ,and ugly light gray interior

04 nissan sentra
By Christina

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car trying to save a little money. Well little did I know it would be no money saver. Common problems I have found are the cd gets stuck and wont come out-makes a clicking noise. I suppose I will have to have that replaced. In addition, I have problems starting the car. Check engine light comes on randomly. Have had sensors replaced. Have only had it for a month. First time Nissan owner and last.

the b man
By The B Man

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Sentra now has 64k miles and the only problem I've ever had was the seat material that ripped 4 times and I has it replaced under Nissan's warranty. The back seat is so tight that you should consider offering someone a ride back there. The 30 MPG on the highway is great and it works great for me, since I just use this car on my daily commute. Cheap and reliable transportation.

Economic reliable

More room in the back seat

Not a terrible car
By herb45

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I already have a new car, but started a new job and drive 43 miles one way. So I bought a 2004 Sentra with 55,800 miles on it to keep the miles off the new one and thought it would be a great car. Well, the mileage is great, 25 mpg city/37 mpg hwy. Great for an automatic. I have had to have quite a few things replaced, as it was a repo. I only paid 5400 for the car, but have had to replace gas tank seal, alternator belt/pulley, crankshaft & camshaft sensors, and had to order dye for the carpet & upholstery (special order), as I am trying to make the car look as nice as possible. I just hope I won't have to replace anything for a while. I did manage to drive about 2000 miles before the sensors were replaced.

Gas mileage, open engine bay, quiet engine

Better seat materials, get rid of the"turn the engine to the run position, count to five, then start" syndrome, squealing brakes.

• SUV