2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
10,000 Mile Follow Up
By fratomdev on 01/13/05 13:52 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

No complaints. Still get over 30mpg combined highway and city. No rattles or repairs. Tires are not good in the snow - in fact look to replace them for Winter driving. Other than that I like the car and would consider Nissan when I buy a mid sized car in a few years. Nice trunk.

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
By Saergae on 12/26/04 10:43 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my New Nissan Sentra with saving money in mind. I traded a Dodge Ram V8 for this and am totally sagisfied. Not Apples to Apples but then again I was looking for fuel economy with some features I could compare to my fully loaded truck. I would say that the value for the money is well worth it. I get 33 MPG average since I bought it 2 weeks ago. I've saved $154 in 2 weeks driving this over my truck. Let's face it this car is no BMW but Nissan is not advertising it to be so I think anyone looking for economy would do well to look at this car. I commute 100 miles a day so this for me was a good decision. GOOD JOB NISSAN.

first sentra
By cams on 12/23/04 13:33 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had bad experiences with cars, and so far this is a winner. I love the way it handles, except they need to make the body a little heavier(those windy days watch out) im all over the road. The audio is good for manufactured speakers.

VERY GOOD CAR FOR THE MONEY
By Row on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

my wife and i brought the 2004 model used we both like the car very much but the only problem is the back seat i would like to see more room in the back seat .But overall we really like thecar for the price and looks for a compact car in it class .we could not afford the honda accord not at this time but we are please

NISSAN SENTRA 04 RATING
By FYRLOVER on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

SO FAR I HAVE HAD THIS CAR FOR 4 MONTHS AND I HAVE HAD TO TAKE IT IN FOR MEACHANICAL PROBLEMS 3 TIMES NOW. I WILL HAVE TO REPLACE THE FRONT AXEL BECAUSE IT IS CROOKED WARPS THE ROTERS AND BRAKES AFTER 1000 MILES. THIS CAR WAS BOUGHT BRAND NEW AND NEVER IN AN ACCIDENT. FOR ALL THE CARS I HAVE BOUGHT USED AND THEN BUY THIS ONE NEW BECAUSE I DIDNOT WANT ANY MALFUNCTIONS WHILE I AM ABOUT TO HAVE A BABY, BUT I BELEIVE THAT I WILL NEVER BUY A NEW CAR AGAIN! THE FUEL IS NOT THAT GREAT, IT IS BETTER THAN MY TRUCK BUT IT IS NOT AS GOOD AS MOST OTHER 4 CYL.

let down
By chris190w on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I owned a 1994 Sentra, drove it 10 years, great car. Bought a new 2004 Sentra1.8s. The quality has decreased in this model compared to my old Sentra. I've had to add power steering fluid since it was new and after switching from defrost to vent the AC stays on. Dealership is replacing part for power steering problem and they say Nissan is aware of the AC problem and haven't come up with a solution yet. In the meantime I am burning extra fuel. the AC will cut off after restarting the engine. I expected a little more fuel mileage but I am happy with the power and automatic transmission.

Sentra..One Solid little car
By Dunlopboy on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought the car on 9/18/04 and got a super deal. I checked out the Civic and Corolla. What is all the hype about the Civic and Corolla? Yes, they are both great reliable cars but so is the Sentra. Why does the Sentra always get the "bum" reviews. I read that Consumer Report does not "Recommend" the Sentra because it is below average in reliability. I find that very hard to believe. Where are they getting this information? A couple of my friends have Sentra's with nearly 100,000 miles on them and they have had little or no problems with them. The build quality on my Sentra is top notch, comparable to that of a Civic if possibly not better.

great car for the price
By willhopeland on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This sentra 1.8S AT is great for the price. The front view is good but the rear needs some improvement. Anyway, I am happy with it so far. This is the best car you can buy with this amount of money. (even cheaper than Hyundai Elantra) Don't understand why so many people are so overcritical to it. What you expect with this price? A BWM?

2004 Nissan Sentra
By George White on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Getting between 33-34 mpg. Responsive steering and engine power and it rides smooth even at 90 mph.

So good so far
By surfburger on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Was looking for a newer car with good gas mileage. Choose the Sentra beacuse we have had several Nisson cars, one a '92 Stanza, that have been reliable. Average mileage so far (5550 miles) has been near 35 on long trips, including with A/C going.