Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 255 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Has some issues but not too bad
By ed

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very common problems that will cost you a lot of dough...crank sensor problem, evaporation valve problems... Those are the main 2 I know. other than that I like my sentra, but don't know if i'd buy another nissan based on the massive number of Nissan owners complaining of these two problems, which I call defects.

Good packaging

Goods and bads
By lacedup

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 Nissan sentra 1.8s its been really good to me I mean its a 2004 and has 83,000 miles allready meaning it is reliable and fun to drive but there are a few things wrong with the one I have and I have heard this happens with many others also the cd player just stopped working and didn't spit the cd out just made a clicking noise which I had replaced and I had to replace the belts on the car numerous times and sometime the car takes 2-3 tries to start, but also on the insides the seats rip very easily and back seat, well consider there is basically no backseat cause its very small and tight, paint that it come with is very cheap, other than that it pretty quick and very good on gas

very good on gas mileage and can have many mods done to it

build quality better and better interior design

Nissan Sentra 2004 1.8L S Auto,
By jason

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

good car reliable, but comes with some problems... yea i had to replace Stock CD deck for the same thing..the shocks on the back are gone on mine at 100,000km. Other than that very nice car... but very bad crash ratings!!!

Gas mileage on premium is 35 mpg city!! 32 on regular...i can go 450-500km on a tank.

the stock stereo is really bad..

No more nissans for me!
By GruchMasta

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my hmmm 4th and last nissan - i owned models from 1989 - all sentras - and this one - 2004 -it is driving disaster - everything brakes in it - at 40k-belts - at 55k-water pump - at 35k !!!-clock spring for horn and airbag ! when i research it is on almost half of nissan production -maybe it is time for recall ???- at 65k-charcoal filter release valve ?!?!-fuel were shooting out of the gas tank and rpms were high , now the check engine is on - one of the 02 sensors -i guess..... you dont know what may be tomorrow !!! thankfully didnt stop dead on the road yet but you dont know what will happen in the future ,oh and the paint is so cheap - about 1 year later started to fade...junk !

still driving and didnt stop dead on the road

paint ,water pump ,airbag clock spring ,suspension ,charcoal tank release valve ,and ugly light gray interior

What a disappointment
By Mark Moreno

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Why was this car my first ever lemon I've ever owned. Let me just say I had to replace the front left bearing 4 times. Thats right 4 times and Nissan treated me like a you know what. Lets just say the regional manager says she called me 3 times and never did. Be careful buying this cars. You need to fuel the car with 91 octane or better. There is no 40/60 split. The tail rattles after taking the abuse of the NYC streets. Do not replace the tranny fluid. I had to replace the tranny. When everything was working properly, the car was amazing to drive, great performance drives amazing for a FWD car. I will miss the 6-speed tranny. Watch out for Nissans customer service, its bad.

6-speed transmission and leather steering wheel.

Better customer service and a better made hub and bearing assembly that could withstand the NYC highways.