Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

No more nissans for me!
By GruchMasta

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my hmmm 4th and last nissan - i owned models from 1989 - all sentras - and this one - 2004 -it is driving disaster - everything brakes in it - at 40k-belts - at 55k-water pump - at 35k !!!-clock spring for horn and airbag ! when i research it is on almost half of nissan production -maybe it is time for recall ???- at 65k-charcoal filter release valve ?!?!-fuel were shooting out of the gas tank and rpms were high , now the check engine is on - one of the 02 sensors -i guess..... you dont know what may be tomorrow !!! thankfully didnt stop dead on the road yet but you dont know what will happen in the future ,oh and the paint is so cheap - about 1 year later started to fade...junk !

still driving and didnt stop dead on the road

paint ,water pump ,airbag clock spring ,suspension ,charcoal tank release valve ,and ugly light gray interior

What a disappointment
By Mark Moreno

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Why was this car my first ever lemon I've ever owned. Let me just say I had to replace the front left bearing 4 times. Thats right 4 times and Nissan treated me like a you know what. Lets just say the regional manager says she called me 3 times and never did. Be careful buying this cars. You need to fuel the car with 91 octane or better. There is no 40/60 split. The tail rattles after taking the abuse of the NYC streets. Do not replace the tranny fluid. I had to replace the tranny. When everything was working properly, the car was amazing to drive, great performance drives amazing for a FWD car. I will miss the 6-speed tranny. Watch out for Nissans customer service, its bad.

6-speed transmission and leather steering wheel.

Better customer service and a better made hub and bearing assembly that could withstand the NYC highways.

This car is junk ! ! !
By 04 SPEC-V

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 04 SPEC-V with only 4,000 miles on it. It has all options except the stereo system upgrade. It was practically brand new. At about 20,000 miles the front struts went out. At 30,000 the rear struts needed to be replaced. At 48,000 the front struts needed to be replaced AGAIN. The build quality of this car is horrible. Mine came with the Brembo brakes. What the hell is NISSAN thinking Brembo brakes but no ABS. They are completely useless in snow or rain. Even cheap cars like KIA offer you ABS. Transmission doesn't always shift properly into reverse. The summer tires it came with do not last. I wish i never bought this car. I'm very disappointed.

Nothing. Would have been better off buying a Focus SVT

Pretty much everything. Better build quality and put some damn ABS on you cars.

Disappointed
By SE-R Spec V

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a used 04 SE-R Spec V with only 4,000 miles on it. i'm very disappointed with it. The fuel mileage is average. The first gear is too short and sometimes it is a pain to put it in reverse. The ride is too harsh over little bumps and the suspension is bad. I had front struts replaced after 20K miles and rear twice at 25K and 57K miles. Many little irritating problems like the emergency brake light refuses to go off, it comes with stock summer only tires, factory speakers not that great, no ABS on a car at this price point is ridiculous. Even KIA offers ABS on their much cheaper models.

Decent fuel economy,

A LOT. The worst is mine came with brembo brakes but no ABS. What the hell? The brakes were useless in rain or snow. Fix the suspension. change the gear ratio so the first gear is not so short or change it to a 5 speed.

04 nissan sentra
By Christina

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car trying to save a little money. Well little did I know it would be no money saver. Common problems I have found are the cd gets stuck and wont come out-makes a clicking noise. I suppose I will have to have that replaced. In addition, I have problems starting the car. Check engine light comes on randomly. Have had sensors replaced. Have only had it for a month. First time Nissan owner and last.