2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
reliable wheels
By g.con on 02/18/06 23:26 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Now 35K....not one problem.....have 2001 with 107K......replaced only an idler pulley and two belts.....toal repairs....$45.00......they are slow but you know you'll get where you are going

I love my sentra
By lbaker on 12/05/05 08:52 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had other makes and models of cars, I prefer the Sentra to all the other cars I have owned. I have not had any trouble with my car. It drives great and will take off with out the long wait to warm up like some cars I have owned. It did not cost an arm and a leg. It gets great gas mileage.

Excellent value + safety
By mr*show on 11/22/05 12:28 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

There were zero manufacturing defects, and we had no problems in nearly two years. 27 mpg around town. The car is gone now the result of a major collision but no injuries - I can't believe how safe it was. If you need a car for a teenager to drive and for them to be safe --- this is it!

Oil Well Wanted
By Annointed on 05/27/05 14:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car after dealership replaced catalytic convertor due to an engine code began using oil at an alarming rate-a quart every 6-700 miles. They don't know why and are putting me through hoops doing an "oil consumption test" that will take months to complete the way they want to do it. Meanwhile I have a car I can't trust to take far from home. Very sorry I purchased a Nissan.

Car has some problems
By chris713 on 05/24/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is decent for the money but comes with some problems. Car won't start on the first try sometimes. Sometimes it starts, then dies. Drives fine though. CD player won't eject my CD. Gas mileage not up to expectations.

Declared a Lemon
By Edward on 05/24/05 02:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

With this vehicle, I REALLY feel that I am being ripped off since the reliability has dipped WAY below zero in my book, and there were times that I felt Hyundais were better cars until I read worse reviews. Either way, I could've had my Buick repaired for the price of 1-3 loan payments instead of paying $320/month for an unreliable piece of junk that I had to tow twice, stall on the freeway and lose a job over the refusal to provide loaner cars. I had to bring in the car 8 times within the last year for ECU, brakes and transmission issues, and I sincerely thank the BBB for helping me win a Lemon Law settlement!

2004 sentra 2.5 sedan
By c avnyin on 05/19/05 16:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

after owning a corolla and civic both 1.8's I test drove the 2004 sentra 1.8. not much difference between all of them. Then I test drove the sentra 2.5 what a pleasure This car really moves. tons of power. A pleasure to drive. I bought it last June and so far no problems For the price I paid it was a bargain I couldn't pass up

Horrible Purchase
By Horrible Car on 05/10/05 09:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Within the first year I owned this car, the drive belt had to be replaced and was on back order which tells me this is a common problem with this vehicle, I had to have the cd player replaced because it wouldn't eject my cd, and I have had problems with it starting. The dealership told me it had a "10 second start". That does explain why it tries to start and dies. I will never buy a Nissan again. I encourage all others to take my experience into consideration.

Best little car in town
By HRD on 02/17/05 19:50 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE everything about my new 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S. I shopped on line for a month,comparing Honda, Toyota, Hyundai compact sedans.The Sentra was my last choice, until I saw it and test drove it. I knew this was MY car, and it moved all the way up to #1 spot. I also thought it was at least $10K more than it's actual price tag!I love the great front and rear design, sleek and elegant,the interior dash is well laid out with easy access to all controls, the exterior/interior workmanship, fabrics and construction is superior to it's competitors. This car has great zip, steering control and it really hugs curves on winding roads. The doors slam shut with the sound of a really expensive car.

more quality please
By professor on 01/22/05 22:19 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drove a 1994 Sentra for 200,000 miles-great car, so I purchased another. My 2004 model seems like the same car. It must have been built by the same people. I've had it in the shop twice. Once to replace steering system due to a leak and the belts are loud (which are not covered under warranty). A speaker is busted and the fuel mileage is low (32mpg).