Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

the worst car ever
By MOE

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car two years ago. It had 63 k on it. I replaced head gasket after 1500k, I changed whole brake system, engine light has been always on! I changed oxygen sensor, crankshaft sensor. Steering wheel is making noise. Gas mileage is ok but you have to put premium gas! And the latest one I cannot pass emission test. Fantastic car! Nissan is my first and last car

HORRiBLE
By MAD

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car was purchased June 20,2009.52,000 miles. Good deal? wrong! First week: check engine light came on. They replaced my gas cap, sent me on my way. Light came back on! Charged $190.00 because evap system needed fixed. Light came back on! Replaced my gas cap again! Light stayed off.. I got screwed because they replaced something that wasn't broken. Now it's August 24,2009. My cd player is dying.. Cds go in very slow and say error and come back out.. That will soon need replaced. It barely starts. Power steering fluid leaks. Car screammmms everytime I start it.

better starters. better audio systems. proper gas caps.

Love it
By Eva Marie

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used 2 years ago and have had no problems with it. It's still a cute little car! I do wish the seat material was a little sturdier and my A/C controls don't light up, but these are fairly minor issues. It's a smooth ride and the A/C works great during our hot summers. 2 thumbs up!

Has some issues but not too bad
By ed

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very common problems that will cost you a lot of dough...crank sensor problem, evaporation valve problems... Those are the main 2 I know. other than that I like my sentra, but don't know if i'd buy another nissan based on the massive number of Nissan owners complaining of these two problems, which I call defects.

Good packaging

Goods and bads
By lacedup

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 Nissan sentra 1.8s its been really good to me I mean its a 2004 and has 83,000 miles allready meaning it is reliable and fun to drive but there are a few things wrong with the one I have and I have heard this happens with many others also the cd player just stopped working and didn't spit the cd out just made a clicking noise which I had replaced and I had to replace the belts on the car numerous times and sometime the car takes 2-3 tries to start, but also on the insides the seats rip very easily and back seat, well consider there is basically no backseat cause its very small and tight, paint that it come with is very cheap, other than that it pretty quick and very good on gas

very good on gas mileage and can have many mods done to it

build quality better and better interior design