Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews - 255 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

No problems here
By wellers

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2004 Sentra 3 years ago and I love it. No problems whatsoever. Its a no frills car but it is a great commuter and gets excellent gas mileage. Ive seen some of the complaints and I guess I got one of the good ones. CD plays and the car just humms along. My kids never complained about the size of the back seat but they are kids. Very happy with car. Very inexpensive too.

Gas mileage, IPOD hookup, price

None but check some of the other complaints I guess.

terrible car
By sean

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

DO NOT BUY NISSAN. This car has been a nightmare for me. I have had countless problems with the car. Manifold had to be replaced twice, O2 sensors replaced numerous times, fuel injector is faulty, spark plugs need constant attention, car shakes uncontrollably, nissan refuses to pay for any of this even though it is supposed to be covered under a parts warranty. car is around 94000 miles now and I'm surprised its lasted even this long. Maximum speed on the highway is around 40 mph.

Outer design not terrible. AUX input and stock stereo system pretty good, good for IPODS.

No trunk room. No room in the back seats. I've put so much money into this car and got nothing back. Severe engine problems. Shoddy workmanship. worst car i've ever bought, will NEVER buy nissan again.

the worst car ever
By MOE

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car two years ago. It had 63 k on it. I replaced head gasket after 1500k, I changed whole brake system, engine light has been always on! I changed oxygen sensor, crankshaft sensor. Steering wheel is making noise. Gas mileage is ok but you have to put premium gas! And the latest one I cannot pass emission test. Fantastic car! Nissan is my first and last car

HORRiBLE
By MAD

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car was purchased June 20,2009.52,000 miles. Good deal? wrong! First week: check engine light came on. They replaced my gas cap, sent me on my way. Light came back on! Charged $190.00 because evap system needed fixed. Light came back on! Replaced my gas cap again! Light stayed off.. I got screwed because they replaced something that wasn't broken. Now it's August 24,2009. My cd player is dying.. Cds go in very slow and say error and come back out.. That will soon need replaced. It barely starts. Power steering fluid leaks. Car screammmms everytime I start it.

better starters. better audio systems. proper gas caps.

Love it
By Eva Marie

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used 2 years ago and have had no problems with it. It's still a cute little car! I do wish the seat material was a little sturdier and my A/C controls don't light up, but these are fairly minor issues. It's a smooth ride and the A/C works great during our hot summers. 2 thumbs up!