2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Nissan Sentra 2004
By Anna on 01/15/07 11:36 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A couple of times the car would just not start after it would sit in the garage for a week or so after a vacation. There was a constant squeaky noise which the Nissan service guys could not figure out, then later on it turned out that the crank shaft (or whatever) was loose. Had to replace belt a few times. I was very disappointed because of these problems, because they all happened within the first 33,000 miles of usage of the car.

Sometimes she likes me...
By Cam on 11/21/06 08:58 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My sentra likes me...sometimes. Other times the car starts, then rumbles, then all the lights on the dash come on and it turns off. Three mechanics tell me nothing is wrong. It only does it when it feels like it and I don't seem to be able to find any correlation between the times it chooses to do that and the times it doesn't. I know two other people who own the same style and model year nissan and one who owns a 2006 Sentra 1.8s...and all of our cars do the exact same thing. Time for a recall?? Other than that and all the road noise, I love it...really, I do.

Great car
By Ryan on 10/30/06 11:14 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i love it...its pretty fun to drive.the interior is great...the acceleration is pretty good and so is the handling...i advise you that if u want a fast 4 cylinder for under 20 g's then this is the car for you....

I Love it!!!
By Ava Gardner on 10/12/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving my Nissan. I have decided to upgrade next year to a Brand New Altima. I am very happy with the overall service of the Nissan Family.

fourth Nissan
By klc523 on 09/29/06 09:03 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my fourth Nissan, as a retired older professional woman I like the reliability and little or no repairs needed on this vehicle.I would appreciate a little more room in the car, the 2004 model is definitely smaller. I love the price.

Spec-V Wrap-up Review
By J Ruff on 09/11/06 11:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Recently turned in my Spec-V for an Altima. The Spec-V was a very fun car to drive and was a performance bargain that could not be beat for a few years. Finicky handling, but fairly high limits once you were aquainted with the car. Good strong motor, brakes, and nice steering. The only real weak links were the shifter (sometimes) and torque steer. After a while though you do become accustomed to these quirks and the car never lost its charm. The car felt solid all the time I had it. The only big complaint I had was the ease with which the paint got chipped in the front. My other big complaint was that Nissan did not see this as normal wear and tried (but failed) to charge me for it.

my mistake
By Jeanelu on 08/16/06 09:30 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was happy with my 89 Nissan therefore bought a 2004. I find it very noisy in city driving. Also a very hard ride in so much as every crack, bump, etc. is felt. I am very disappointed with the mileage I get per gallon. I do not get what is listed. I average 175 miles a full tank which equals 12 gallons. I wish I had researched but didn't have the time.

nissan sentra se turbo R spec v
By nakia on 08/03/06 16:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great car very reliable gas mileage depends on how you drive. it hugs all turns a little bumpy but hey, great power and torque feels like a v8 but an in line 4 wow.

Great Car, some options not standard
By Antonio on 06/26/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned this car for a month now and love it. I have gotten nothing but great performance out of my Spec V. Have had no transmission problems or alignment problems. Handles really good, but ABS is not standard nor is side air bags. Which really isnt a big deal unless you are really concerned about safety and if thats the case i dont suggest a tuner car like the SE/R models. As far as the body kit, Ive found 6 or 7 of them on eBay and some of the performance sites. Honestly, if you want to REALLY know what people think about this car, do not go off of these people. Go to nissanforums.com and see how the owners who know a lot about cars like it.

Good reliable car-quality so so
By paulsod on 06/11/06 20:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great entry vehicle but it does not want to stay centered in the lane at highway speeds. Great engine and performance for a 126 hp 4 cylinder, but cheap components for the rest of the vehicle. I got it for $13,300 out the door and I consider this the best car out there for this amount. However, Civic and Corolla better but more expensive.