2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
No problems here
By wellers on 10/05/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2004 Sentra 3 years ago and I love it. No problems whatsoever. Its a no frills car but it is a great commuter and gets excellent gas mileage. Ive seen some of the complaints and I guess I got one of the good ones. CD plays and the car just humms along. My kids never complained about the size of the back seat but they are kids. Very happy with car. Very inexpensive too.

terrible car
By sean on 09/12/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

DO NOT BUY NISSAN. This car has been a nightmare for me. I have had countless problems with the car. Manifold had to be replaced twice, O2 sensors replaced numerous times, fuel injector is faulty, spark plugs need constant attention, car shakes uncontrollably, nissan refuses to pay for any of this even though it is supposed to be covered under a parts warranty. car is around 94000 miles now and I'm surprised its lasted even this long. Maximum speed on the highway is around 40 mph.

the worst car ever
By MOE on 09/04/09 08:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car two years ago. It had 63 k on it. I replaced head gasket after 1500k, I changed whole brake system, engine light has been always on! I changed oxygen sensor, crankshaft sensor. Steering wheel is making noise. Gas mileage is ok but you have to put premium gas! And the latest one I cannot pass emission test. Fantastic car! Nissan is my first and last car

HORRiBLE
By MAD on 08/24/09 07:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car was purchased June 20,2009.52,000 miles. Good deal? wrong! First week: check engine light came on. They replaced my gas cap, sent me on my way. Light came back on! Charged $190.00 because evap system needed fixed. Light came back on! Replaced my gas cap again! Light stayed off.. I got screwed because they replaced something that wasn't broken. Now it's August 24,2009. My cd player is dying.. Cds go in very slow and say error and come back out.. That will soon need replaced. It barely starts. Power steering fluid leaks. Car screammmms everytime I start it.

Love it
By Eva Marie on 08/05/09 10:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used 2 years ago and have had no problems with it. It's still a cute little car! I do wish the seat material was a little sturdier and my A/C controls don't light up, but these are fairly minor issues. It's a smooth ride and the A/C works great during our hot summers. 2 thumbs up!

Has some issues but not too bad
By ed on 07/11/09 14:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very common problems that will cost you a lot of dough...crank sensor problem, evaporation valve problems... Those are the main 2 I know. other than that I like my sentra, but don't know if i'd buy another nissan based on the massive number of Nissan owners complaining of these two problems, which I call defects.

Goods and bads
By lacedup on 07/06/09 19:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 Nissan sentra 1.8s its been really good to me I mean its a 2004 and has 83,000 miles allready meaning it is reliable and fun to drive but there are a few things wrong with the one I have and I have heard this happens with many others also the cd player just stopped working and didn't spit the cd out just made a clicking noise which I had replaced and I had to replace the belts on the car numerous times and sometime the car takes 2-3 tries to start, but also on the insides the seats rip very easily and back seat, well consider there is basically no backseat cause its very small and tight, paint that it come with is very cheap, other than that it pretty quick and very good on gas

Nissan Sentra 2004 1.8L S Auto,
By jason on 06/12/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

good car reliable, but comes with some problems... yea i had to replace Stock CD deck for the same thing..the shocks on the back are gone on mine at 100,000km. Other than that very nice car... but very bad crash ratings!!!

No more nissans for me!
By GruchMasta on 06/12/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my hmmm 4th and last nissan - i owned models from 1989 - all sentras - and this one - 2004 -it is driving disaster - everything brakes in it - at 40k-belts - at 55k-water pump - at 35k !!!-clock spring for horn and airbag ! when i research it is on almost half of nissan production -maybe it is time for recall ???- at 65k-charcoal filter release valve ?!?!-fuel were shooting out of the gas tank and rpms were high , now the check engine is on - one of the 02 sensors -i guess..... you dont know what may be tomorrow !!! thankfully didnt stop dead on the road yet but you dont know what will happen in the future ,oh and the paint is so cheap - about 1 year later started to fade...junk !

04 nissan sentra
By Christina on 11/14/08 11:52 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car trying to save a little money. Well little did I know it would be no money saver. Common problems I have found are the cd gets stuck and wont come out-makes a clicking noise. I suppose I will have to have that replaced. In addition, I have problems starting the car. Check engine light comes on randomly. Have had sensors replaced. Have only had it for a month. First time Nissan owner and last.