2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Great
By CLIO on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I went from 1988 Nissan 5-speed down to earth car to 2004 automatic heaven. The Sentra has grown up. I wanted a car that was a little bigger than the one I had but was as great as the old one. Looks like Nissan knew exactly what I wanted. I can't beleive this is a Sentra. I hated giving up my old car, but I am very pleased with my choice. I love my 10 day old car.

Love This Car!
By DEW on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this little gem on 2 Aug 03. It came equipped from the factory with the Spec V brake package, sunroof, mats, and micro filter. The dealer added a NISMO performance package, which consisted of a header exhaust system, further suspension modification which included the lowering of the body .20”, decals, and window tint. In a word the driving experience is exhilarating. This machine handles like a go cart. Body lean is undetectable. Acceleration is simply amazing. Plenty of torque in all gears, including sixth. Gas mileage for city and highway has been 24.5mpg on premium fuel, 22.4mpg on regular. All this for right around $20K!

great car
By ymofz on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bough the car 3 months ago. I prefered the Sentra over the competition... I don't understand why they are not the top seller. Underestimated maybe? I often hear people saying that Nissan cars are expensive!

a lot of car for your money
By tea/jazcam on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great speed when merging on to the freeway. Hold power when climing 30 percent grade hills. Fits 5 people comfortly. Body style is new and dinamic.

good car for the price
By punchie on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased my 1.8s loaded nissan 2 days ago and so far I am very impressed with the changes/updates to the Sentra! This is my 1st Nissan and my car looks like a smaller Altima to me!! So far so good but I'll be looking out for those aformentioned mechanical problems @ 60k.

nice
By who really cares on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Very nimble driving ability (there's a reason for all those gears.) Good pickup from a dead stop; passing ability is superb. On clean, level pavement the handling is nice and tight. On uneven pavement the can go airborne very easily. The front end is very light. I'm not looking forward to driving in the snow. There is not enough traction to keep even a modest start from making the tires squeal. The premium sound package is tight and well tuned. It is not super-audiophile quality, but it is mostly clear and has a good range. The back seat is _very_ cramped - there is hardly any leg room.

I love this car
By Joe2481 on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car, and I am thrilled with it. I am surprised how well it drives considering the price. I test drove the corolla LE before purchasing the sentra, and it was horrible. It drive's like a cow compared to the nissan. The sentra is about 2k cheaper than the toyota. The only problem I have had with the car is the check engine light came one at 80 miles. The dealer says it's nothing. It does not even give a code when they hook it up to the computer.

Fun and Economical
By zenenigma on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After looking at many cars (including the SVT Focus, Neon SRT-4, and Nissan Altima, I decided on the one I had my eye on from the beginning. Performance is great, you can launch from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and still has good pickup in 4th,5th,&6th. Comfort is nice, I like the bucket seats, some might not. Fuel economy - AC blasting, I got 31 MPG going 450 miles.

Great Little Car
By figman on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had numerous Dodge Neons. This car is quick and also a blast to drive. First tank of gas combination city and highway driving got me 30 mpg. You can hot dog this car off the line and expect good gas mileage. Only complaint need more room in the back seat.

NOT SURE..
By M.E.M. on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I JUST PURCHASED THE 2004 SENTRA 2.5 S AND AFTER A TRIP TO FLORIDA, I FOUND THE FLAWS. 1.) THE SEATS ARE UNCOMFORTABLE AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS; SERIOUSLY NEED LUMBAR SUPPORT. 2.) THE GAS MILEAGE IS SHAKY. 3.) THE HANDLING SHOULD BE TIGHTER AT HIGHER SPEEDS. 4.) THE STEREO SYSTEM: NEED SPEAKERS THAT CAN ACTUALLY HANDLE THE OUTPUT OF THE DECK. ALTHOUGH HEADS WERE ROCKING TO MY SOUNDS! 5.) FOG LIGHTS SHOULD BE STANDARD ON THE 2.5 S MODELS THAT HAVE THE REAR SPOILER AND SUNROOF, I MEAN, WHY STOP THERE? 6.) OH YEAH, THE TIRES NEED TO BE A TAD BIT WIDER CONSIDERING THE CAR HAS SOME KICK TO IT.