Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Horrible Purchase
By Horrible Car

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Within the first year I owned this car, the drive belt had to be replaced and was on back order which tells me this is a common problem with this vehicle, I had to have the cd player replaced because it wouldn't eject my cd, and I have had problems with it starting. The dealership told me it had a "10 second start". That does explain why it tries to start and dies. I will never buy a Nissan again. I encourage all others to take my experience into consideration.

Build a reliable vehicle.

Best little car in town
By HRD

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE everything about my new 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S. I shopped on line for a month,comparing Honda, Toyota, Hyundai compact sedans.The Sentra was my last choice, until I saw it and test drove it. I knew this was MY car, and it moved all the way up to #1 spot. I also thought it was at least $10K more than it's actual price tag!I love the great front and rear design, sleek and elegant,the interior dash is well laid out with easy access to all controls, the exterior/interior workmanship, fabrics and construction is superior to it's competitors. This car has great zip, steering control and it really hugs curves on winding roads. The doors slam shut with the sound of a really expensive car.

Styling, handling, inside details & fabrics, design of auto gear shift, great SULEV & gas rating, love the sound the doors make when slammed shut (sounds like a very expensive car), my niece's 6ft tall hubby thinks the back seats are roomy, love the power windows,adjust driver seat & safety features

I have no complaints, I hope my next car is the Nissan Ultima, if I can afford it, otherwise my Nissan Sentra is just purrfect!

more quality please
By professor

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I drove a 1994 Sentra for 200,000 miles-great car, so I purchased another. My 2004 model seems like the same car. It must have been built by the same people. I've had it in the shop twice. Once to replace steering system due to a leak and the belts are loud (which are not covered under warranty). A speaker is busted and the fuel mileage is low (32mpg).

The exterior look. Automatic transmission. The sound system.

Better fuel milage, leg room in the backseat. Inspect vehicle before it leaves the plant.

10,000 Mile Follow Up
By fratomdev

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

No complaints. Still get over 30mpg combined highway and city. No rattles or repairs. Tires are not good in the snow - in fact look to replace them for Winter driving. Other than that I like the car and would consider Nissan when I buy a mid sized car in a few years. Nice trunk.

Sunroof.

Stock tires for Northern climates.

2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
By Saergae

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my New Nissan Sentra with
saving money in mind. I traded a
Dodge Ram V8 for this and am totally
sagisfied. Not Apples to Apples but
then again I was looking for fuel
economy with some features I could