2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Sentra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Sort Reviews by

I love my sentra
By lbaker

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had other makes and models of cars, I prefer the Sentra to all the other cars I have owned. I have not had any trouble with my car. It drives great and will take off with out the long wait to warm up like some cars I have owned. It did not cost an arm and a leg. It gets great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The cost and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

It could stand a little more leg room in the back.

Oil Well Wanted
By Annointed

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car after dealership replaced catalytic convertor due to an engine code began using oil at an alarming rate-a quart every 6-700 miles. They don't know why and are putting me through hoops doing an "oil consumption test" that will take months to complete the way they want to do it. Meanwhile I have a car I can't trust to take far from home. Very sorry I purchased a Nissan.

Favorite Features

So angry right now I can't think of too many positives!

Suggested Improvements

Service needs to be more vigilant finding the source of engine problems and quicker to remedy them.

2004 sentra 2.5 sedan
By c avnyin

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

after owning a corolla and civic both 1.8's I test drove the 2004 sentra 1.8. not much difference between all of them. Then I test drove the sentra 2.5 what a pleasure This car really moves. tons of power. A pleasure to drive. I bought it last June and so far no problems For the price I paid it was a bargain I couldn't pass up

Favorite Features

The 2.5 comes with a stero upgrade with a cd and a subwoofer. An excellent system for a small car It also has a aux jack for those that have I Pods It has abs brakes leather wrapped steering wheel alloy wheels plus other options thrown in.

Suggested Improvements

The sentra is a stylish car but the rear trunk and lights need to be re designed.

So far, so good
By rayin NYC

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Sentra 2.5s two weeks ago, and so far, so good. The car's engine is wonderful, quick and responsive. The back seats, however, leave much to be desired as they are VERY cramped. The fuel ecnomy could be better (I'm averaging about 23 mi between city and highway driving). I test drove the Civic while shopping around and although a very solidly built car, I felt its engine was a bit boring and not very powerful at all. So, all in all, my Sentra is turning out to be a pretty good buy.

Favorite Features

engine, ABS, moonroof, stereo (for a $14K car, the stereo is VERY impressive, 180 watts and seven speakers v. about 100 watts and 4 speakers in 04 Civic EX)

Suggested Improvements

MORE rear leg room!!!!!!! and bigger trunk!!

Nissan Sentra
By rleight422

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

An excellent car that drives smoothly. The exterior design could use a little work, especially in the front grill.

Average Small Car, but reliable
By mags

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new, so far i'm pleased. Haven't had any problems with it unlike my previous 2 cars. Powerful lil car for a V4. The 180watt sound system is amazing. For a small car though, it really eats up gas. For an automatic u can really tell when it is switching gears cause u feel it big time. It'll shake or jerk itself which is a real annoyance. Overall though, it's a reliable little car. Needs some improvements though.

Favorite Features

Comfortable front seats, Loud sound system, Fast Car!!! Inside looks great compared to the Civic, Corolla, and Eclipse in my opinion. Decent size trunk for a small car. Handles great on the road in any condition.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger Back-seat, needs light in glove compartment, Put cup holders next to or behind emergency brake instead of against the radio. JERKY RIDE, FIX TRANSMISSION. Have more instruments light up at night. Fuel economy is horrible. include a coin holder. Give it 16" tires.

Big bang for small wallet
By Montclare

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted to have a bigger engine compact car with loaded options and found Sentra as my choice. It had almost everything what I wanted. Don't we want to pass big truck soon as we can when it splashes all the dirty water or sludges ? I do and , boy..., my new Sntra did a great job when I press my pedal to pass ugly big truck in a second. I couldn't do that with my old car. My only complaint is some cheapy looking interior and poor ergonomic designe such as rear seat, audio control. The performance of 2.5 einge is great, less driving and road noise than other competetors.

Favorite Features

2.5S engine, standard ABS, side-air bag, powerful audio w/7 speakers ( it really bangs!), trip computer, less engine&road noise

Suggested Improvements

Transmission noise when the pedal is pushed hard and quick. Bit cheapy looking interior. Poor steering wheel performance at high speed, Not ergonimically designed interior.

Small but Good
By Porkchop

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Good little car with a lot of standard features for its price (especially after $2500 cash back.) I love the power and the handling. Fun to drive. Easy to afford.

Favorite Features

165 Horsees, Alloy rims and the ABS Discs brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Need more room in the backseat.

I was very happy with the Car
By I liked it

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved the size of the Car (easy to park) could use tighter turn radius for it's size. Ride, Performance and Quietness are perfect, although using the passing gear would create a slight burnt rubber smell and not a great sounding stereo system. Overall, though, I liked the car and I'm thinking about buying one.

Favorite Features

Little Car, but big trunk, Quiet Motor and from outside noise. Has great power for a 4 cyl.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo sound, plain design, Tighter turn radius, a little more chrome on the exterior and a better insulated engine compartment

Not a typical entry-level model!
By ScottinRKE

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This was my 4th Nissan (1 Sentra and 2 Altimas). I made the mistake of buying the '02 Altima when it 1st came out, and had nothing but problems. While at the dealership (where it had been towed again) I saw the Sentra. The interior was far nicer - though smaller, had the same engine, and the price was right. Bought it on the spot. While not as attention getting as the Altima, it feels much more solidly built, and has standard options (ABS, side-impact SRS, trip computer) that I have never had. Very underrated car!

Favorite Features

Front design - in keeping with the Maxima standard. The pick up is outstanding. Great standard features for this trim level. Adequate headroom for all 6'3'' of me.

Suggested Improvements

Rear design resembles a Hyundai. Suspension/tires should be improved to handle the 2.5. Floor it, and the front end gets a life of its own. MPG is horrible. I am only getting 22.5 in suburban driving while not driving aggressively.