Used 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

nothing but problems.
By shotgun1496

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car from carmax. the stereo skips non stop, had to change the starter three times, dash lights went out, had to have the ignition switch replaced twice. hard to start the car, often time you have to shut the engine off and back on, because the car just wont go above 20, steering is difficult, and i'm 6ft so the car isn't the most roomy, the riding comfort is the only good thing. overall bad car.

Favorite Features

comfort.

Suggested Improvements

everything mechanical.

Love My Car!
By kajun8girl

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Sentra with 10 miles on it. I keep up with my regular maintenance (oil, tires, filters etc). The only mechanical issue I have had was a sensor went out. $34 it was fixed (by me). I now have 195k miles on my car and it still drives wonderful! Yes I have some of the simular issues that others have had, my trunk only pops with the key (I know what is wrong but haven't had time to take it appart-simple fix), the back door handles pop out on occassion. But for the price I paid for my car, the MANY road trips from TX to LA and the fact that I have 2 children under 10-I would say I have gotten my monies worth. I still get excellent gas miliage!

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I would make is the quality of the material on the interior of the car. I have been hit 4 times since I have purchased my car - the outside of the car has done wonderful!

bad luck with cars
By wyant

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had my 2004 nissan sentra since February. I've had nothing but problems with it. I've already had to have a new cat converter put on. Light is on again for a gas cap code, and then last night i hit the on button for cruise....and my horn honked. It honks now whether i turn my cruise on or off. And then a couple times it didn't do it!!! Anyone else having the same problems? Especially the horn honking!!

2004 nissan sentra 1.8 liter 4 door
By jrb

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this Nissan 4 yrs ago. Had to replace breaks, tires, wheel baring starts hard and some times will not start at all, the radio went out 1 yr after purchased, trunk leaks water pump went out 102,000, dip stick broke, engine lite stays on all the time.

Nissan
By Bao

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 170K on it. everything is still good, but the starter is hard to start. I have a friend who drives the same car and they have the same problem. I'm not sure if this problem only exist in nissan sentras or other nissan as well. This is my first car so i don't really find it annoying. However, i will NEVER buy this car again and i do not recommend anyone to buy it.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Starter!