2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
nothing but problems.
By shotgun1496 on 07/26/12 00:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car from carmax. the stereo skips non stop, had to change the starter three times, dash lights went out, had to have the ignition switch replaced twice. hard to start the car, often time you have to shut the engine off and back on, because the car just wont go above 20, steering is difficult, and i'm 6ft so the car isn't the most roomy, the riding comfort is the only good thing. overall bad car.

Love My Car!
By kajun8girl on 04/24/12 11:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Sentra with 10 miles on it. I keep up with my regular maintenance (oil, tires, filters etc). The only mechanical issue I have had was a sensor went out. $34 it was fixed (by me). I now have 195k miles on my car and it still drives wonderful! Yes I have some of the simular issues that others have had, my trunk only pops with the key (I know what is wrong but haven't had time to take it appart-simple fix), the back door handles pop out on occassion. But for the price I paid for my car, the MANY road trips from TX to LA and the fact that I have 2 children under 10-I would say I have gotten my monies worth. I still get excellent gas miliage!

bad luck with cars
By wyant on 06/02/11 03:53 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had my 2004 nissan sentra since February. I've had nothing but problems with it. I've already had to have a new cat converter put on. Light is on again for a gas cap code, and then last night i hit the on button for cruise....and my horn honked. It honks now whether i turn my cruise on or off. And then a couple times it didn't do it!!! Anyone else having the same problems? Especially the horn honking!!

2004 nissan sentra 1.8 liter 4 door
By jrb on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this Nissan 4 yrs ago. Had to replace breaks, tires, wheel baring starts hard and some times will not start at all, the radio went out 1 yr after purchased, trunk leaks water pump went out 102,000, dip stick broke, engine lite stays on all the time.

Nissan
By Bao on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 170K on it. everything is still good, but the starter is hard to start. I have a friend who drives the same car and they have the same problem. I'm not sure if this problem only exist in nissan sentras or other nissan as well. This is my first car so i don't really find it annoying. However, i will NEVER buy this car again and i do not recommend anyone to buy it.

All in all, not bad.
By KMP on 06/02/10 15:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Power steering fluid leaks. I have to keep checking and topping up when necessary. Makes a squeaky noise on the driver's side, front end as I drive over bumps (speed bumps). Makes a squealing noise under the hood, mostly on wet days. CD player didn't want to give back a CD. I had to take it to the dealership. They replaced the CD Player but didn't return my CD. The trunk release no longer works from inside the car nor does the remote control open it.

I hate this car.
By kaylynn on 12/18/09 17:37 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had non-stop problems with this car since 3 weeks after I bought it. It has problems starting and has recently quit starting all together. Constantly having to replace spark plugs. It handles poorly in the snow and rain. I have reason to believe that the dealership knew about these problems before I bought it, as seeing how they admitted it when I took it into them. The warranty doesn't cover any of the problems I have had.

Poor Reliability
By ncsteve on 12/10/09 12:00 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Owned a 93 Nissan Truck , greatest I have ever owned, purchased this 2004 based on my experience with Nissan - boy have I been disappointed, multiple mechanical issues, power steering went, brake master cylinder all by 70,000 miles - now my fuel pump is going - DO NOT PURCHASE

Just meh
By pat on 11/28/09 20:05 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Not a bad car overall, I suppose. Live in AZ and got this car at around 55k miles.I was very smart to get the extended warranty on this car from the start. In the 12k miles I have driven it in less than 2 years, it has needed a new strut, 2 new fuel injectors, 2 batteries (I blame the state, not car), lower control arm, power window motor and both the engine and tranny mounts. The inside is also falling apart; the top light console clip broke and I was forced to glue it so it can never be removed. The light glass broke on the inside and rattles like crazy and the trunk clasp wont release half the time. I only paid around $150 for the repairs with my warranty thankfully but it concerns me

Best buy in its class!!
By Kari on 10/12/09 06:32 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I can't believe I've had my car for five years and am about to pay it off - it looks brand new! Regular oil changes and the car is practically perfect!! From someone who's had to drive junk all her life this was a great and smart first buy. Reliable and perfect for the small streets of Charleston where I live. Good on gas and feels well built while driving, no loose areas except maybe windows and that doesn't improve until you go luxury. It's wonderful!!!