Used 2004 Nissan Sentra 2.5 S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

I love my sentra
By lbaker

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had other makes and models of cars, I prefer the Sentra to all the other cars I have owned. I have not had any trouble with my car. It drives great and will take off with out the long wait to warm up like some cars I have owned. It did not cost an arm and a leg. It gets great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

The cost and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

It could stand a little more leg room in the back.

Oil Well Wanted
By Annointed

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car after dealership replaced catalytic convertor due to an engine code began using oil at an alarming rate-a quart every 6-700 miles. They don't know why and are putting me through hoops doing an "oil consumption test" that will take months to complete the way they want to do it. Meanwhile I have a car I can't trust to take far from home. Very sorry I purchased a Nissan.

Favorite Features

So angry right now I can't think of too many positives!

Suggested Improvements

Service needs to be more vigilant finding the source of engine problems and quicker to remedy them.

2004 sentra 2.5 sedan
By c avnyin

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

after owning a corolla and civic both 1.8's I test drove the 2004 sentra 1.8. not much difference between all of them. Then I test drove the sentra 2.5 what a pleasure This car really moves. tons of power. A pleasure to drive. I bought it last June and so far no problems For the price I paid it was a bargain I couldn't pass up

Favorite Features

The 2.5 comes with a stero upgrade with a cd and a subwoofer. An excellent system for a small car It also has a aux jack for those that have I Pods It has abs brakes leather wrapped steering wheel alloy wheels plus other options thrown in.

Suggested Improvements

The sentra is a stylish car but the rear trunk and lights need to be re designed.

So far, so good
By rayin NYC

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 Sentra 2.5s two weeks ago, and so far, so good. The car's engine is wonderful, quick and responsive. The back seats, however, leave much to be desired as they are VERY cramped. The fuel ecnomy could be better (I'm averaging about 23 mi between city and highway driving). I test drove the Civic while shopping around and although a very solidly built car, I felt its engine was a bit boring and not very powerful at all. So, all in all, my Sentra is turning out to be a pretty good buy.

Favorite Features

engine, ABS, moonroof, stereo (for a $14K car, the stereo is VERY impressive, 180 watts and seven speakers v. about 100 watts and 4 speakers in 04 Civic EX)

Suggested Improvements

MORE rear leg room!!!!!!! and bigger trunk!!

Nissan Sentra
By rleight422

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

An excellent car that drives smoothly. The exterior design could use a little work, especially in the front grill.