Used 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Basic QG Manual
By b15uqg

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 1.8s Manual Sentra is a quick little QG that I love driving and doing mods to. Stock it will do 0-60 in 7.8 seconds (if you're good at power shifting). It's super good on gas, picks up speed well, a lot of torque in 4th gear. I easily get up to 90mph in 4th gear, doesn't even get loud. The car has 114,000 miles on it too. I haven't had to fix/replace anything on it yet. Clutch might be starting to get a little slippy because I dropped it to do burnouts. If you buy this car from a dealer I can bet you it will be extremely reliable.

Favorite Features

Light weight. Easily over 30mpg anywhere you drive. Faster than most people would expect it to be.

Suggested Improvements

Less ugly mesh grille. Wing/spoiler would've been nice even though it's not the "sporty" version. Option to remove everything behind the front seats and turn it into a hatchback would've been nice. The less weight the faster it will be and better on gas mileage.

Great Little Compact
By Erin in Indy

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004. I was downgrading quite a bit, so it took some time to get used to it. But other than my 'snobbishness' to it originally, it's been a great little car. I have over 100K miles on it, have driven it from IN to TX and to FL a couple times, plus a 60 mile commute for work everyday. I've had very little trouble with it mechanically. Had an engine issue a couple yrs after I bought it, but that was covered under my warranty. Otherwise only normal things like new tires and brakes. It's been comfortable on long road trips. I wouldn't want to sit in the back for very long but then I again, I don't have to. :)

Favorite Features

Reliability and gas mileage! I hated watching filling my car go from $17 to $30 when the gas prices went up, but I wasn't taking near the hit my SUV driving friends were. :)

Suggested Improvements

On my particular model I hate the tail lights. This may have already been improved but to be honest my car is paid off and I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off so I don't look at cars too much these days unless they are truly impressive, dream type cars. :)

average car with few problems
By fuji

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

head gasket went @ 127k miles. cd stop working @ 80k miles. The back seat door handle keep falling out. The cat. convector been replace twice, first under 36k miles warranty, second times @80k miles replaced from nissan recall.Other than those problem,the car works good. It get 33 mpg on highway. The battery, head light & ac still original.The clutch was replace @ 110k miles have to tow the car to transmission shop. But i was teaching my daughter the stick shift. Overall i think still a good car.

Favorite Features

remote entrance, aux input for the radio.

Suggested Improvements

independent rear suspension 4 wheel disc brake

terrible car
By sean

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

DO NOT BUY NISSAN. This car has been a nightmare for me. I have had countless problems with the car. Manifold had to be replaced twice, O2 sensors replaced numerous times, fuel injector is faulty, spark plugs need constant attention, car shakes uncontrollably, nissan refuses to pay for any of this even though it is supposed to be covered under a parts warranty. car is around 94000 miles now and I'm surprised its lasted even this long. Maximum speed on the highway is around 40 mph.

Favorite Features

Outer design not terrible. AUX input and stock stereo system pretty good, good for IPODS.

Suggested Improvements

No trunk room. No room in the back seats. I've put so much money into this car and got nothing back. Severe engine problems. Shoddy workmanship. worst car i've ever bought, will NEVER buy nissan again.

Goods and bads
By lacedup

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 Nissan sentra 1.8s its been really good to me I mean its a 2004 and has 83,000 miles allready meaning it is reliable and fun to drive but there are a few things wrong with the one I have and I have heard this happens with many others also the cd player just stopped working and didn't spit the cd out just made a clicking noise which I had replaced and I had to replace the belts on the car numerous times and sometime the car takes 2-3 tries to start, but also on the insides the seats rip very easily and back seat, well consider there is basically no backseat cause its very small and tight, paint that it come with is very cheap, other than that it pretty quick and very good on gas

Favorite Features

very good on gas mileage and can have many mods done to it

Suggested Improvements

build quality better and better interior design