Used 2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

the best car i have owned so far
By will

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Ok this car has its in and out's. I notice the starting problems its not the fuel pump or starter its the fuel regulator that is cheap needs to be replaced with a aftermarket one by its best to turn the key to the on position for 5 seconds so the pump can prime up but the head gasket did blow once,not sure why had to replace the alternator once and some hoses ,the steering wheel is kinda hard to turn a little and power steering leaks are normal so had the engine replace but I didn't have any problems with that engine but on these cars the its very good on gas maintenance it's not to bad for the size of the car,of course it's not a luxury vehicle but it is very durable

Awesome car
By vignesh

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

the little engine that could
By brianna

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

there is nothing flashy about this car, so if you are looking for something more than standard, you should look for something else. My 2004 Nissan Sentra has been a godsend as far as reliability goes though. I bought this car from my parents when I was in college, and I am still driving it today. My parents bought it brand-new in 2004, and although it has had a handful of fixes over the years, it has remained steady. This car now has over 220,000 miles on it, and every time I bring it into the shop for its oil change, I think that they will tell me it's on it's last leg, but they always say quite the opposite. I always get a good report with this car, and they tell me that they think it will keep going for more miles! Good job, Nissan!

Basic QG Manual
By b15uqg

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 1.8s Manual Sentra is a quick little QG that I love driving and doing mods to. Stock it will do 0-60 in 7.8 seconds (if you're good at power shifting). It's super good on gas, picks up speed well, a lot of torque in 4th gear. I easily get up to 90mph in 4th gear, doesn't even get loud. The car has 114,000 miles on it too. I haven't had to fix/replace anything on it yet. Clutch might be starting to get a little slippy because I dropped it to do burnouts. If you buy this car from a dealer I can bet you it will be extremely reliable.

Light weight. Easily over 30mpg anywhere you drive. Faster than most people would expect it to be.

Less ugly mesh grille. Wing/spoiler would've been nice even though it's not the "sporty" version. Option to remove everything behind the front seats and turn it into a hatchback would've been nice. The less weight the faster it will be and better on gas mileage.

nothing but problems.
By shotgun1496

2004 Nissan Sentra Sedan 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car from carmax. the stereo skips non stop, had to change the starter three times, dash lights went out, had to have the ignition switch replaced twice. hard to start the car, often time you have to shut the engine off and back on, because the car just wont go above 20, steering is difficult, and i'm 6ft so the car isn't the most roomy, the riding comfort is the only good thing. overall bad car.

comfort.