Used 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (53 reviews )

Fantastic car!
By eewell

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car about a year and a half ago and still love it! It is a Nissan so quality is excellent and the car performs great! Its got a lot of pick up so for those of you who want something with power, this is your car! Its great that its a four door because you get a powerful sports car without having to pay sports car insurance.

6 Speed Manual Transmission, excellent power and torque, Spec V looks and reliability.

Add audio controls to the steering wheel, more SE R/Spec V options like ground effects, badging on the seats, etc.

What a disappointment
By Mark Moreno

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Why was this car my first ever lemon I've ever owned. Let me just say I had to replace the front left bearing 4 times. Thats right 4 times and Nissan treated me like a you know what. Lets just say the regional manager says she called me 3 times and never did. Be careful buying this cars. You need to fuel the car with 91 octane or better. There is no 40/60 split. The tail rattles after taking the abuse of the NYC streets. Do not replace the tranny fluid. I had to replace the tranny. When everything was working properly, the car was amazing to drive, great performance drives amazing for a FWD car. I will miss the 6-speed tranny. Watch out for Nissans customer service, its bad.

6-speed transmission and leather steering wheel.

Better customer service and a better made hub and bearing assembly that could withstand the NYC highways.

This car is junk ! ! !
By 04 SPEC-V

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 04 SPEC-V with only 4,000 miles on it. It has all options except the stereo system upgrade. It was practically brand new. At about 20,000 miles the front struts went out. At 30,000 the rear struts needed to be replaced. At 48,000 the front struts needed to be replaced AGAIN. The build quality of this car is horrible. Mine came with the Brembo brakes. What the hell is NISSAN thinking Brembo brakes but no ABS. They are completely useless in snow or rain. Even cheap cars like KIA offer you ABS. Transmission doesn't always shift properly into reverse. The summer tires it came with do not last. I wish i never bought this car. I'm very disappointed.

Nothing. Would have been better off buying a Focus SVT

Pretty much everything. Better build quality and put some damn ABS on you cars.

Disappointed
By SE-R Spec V

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a used 04 SE-R Spec V with only 4,000 miles on it. i'm very disappointed with it. The fuel mileage is average. The first gear is too short and sometimes it is a pain to put it in reverse. The ride is too harsh over little bumps and the suspension is bad. I had front struts replaced after 20K miles and rear twice at 25K and 57K miles. Many little irritating problems like the emergency brake light refuses to go off, it comes with stock summer only tires, factory speakers not that great, no ABS on a car at this price point is ridiculous. Even KIA offers ABS on their much cheaper models.

Decent fuel economy,

A LOT. The worst is mine came with brembo brakes but no ABS. What the hell? The brakes were useless in rain or snow. Fix the suspension. change the gear ratio so the first gear is not so short or change it to a 5 speed.

Fun to drive, not to own
By Not Worth trouble

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I'm usually a Honda consumer, but due to their expensive prices I tried to experiment a little and bought this car because it was recommended to me by a family member. However, I have to tell you guys that this thing has been a pain to own. It is fun to drive, but it has had recalls on catalytic converter, ecu and crank angle sensor. The dealer has also given me a hard time about these recalls. This car also makes the most annoying ticking sound after turning it off. I ended up trading it In for a Honda civic Si. Do it right the first time and stay away from Nissan.

2.5L nice and torquey, thats about it.