Used 2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Consumer Reviews

SE-R 2.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )

Luv My Bumble Bee
By Bizzib07

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it for 10k back in March of 09, when living in Dallas tx I drove it to Louisiana and Oklahoma.... Then turned around and drive it up here to Washington state. I really had no issues, the only issue I'm having with it now is when I start it after its already warmed up I have to try 2x. But a tune up should fix that. Its my 2nd car my first was a Honda civic and it greatly compares, my next purchase will be a Nissan.

Sun roof, AUX input, style of the cloth on the seats

larger backseat.....but i never sit back there so ya.....don't really care its just me

My 2004 Se-R
By gail

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 SE-R in 11/2003. I have had a few problems with it. The sensor was acting up and the vehicle kept stalling out. Turns out it was a recall after I paid for the repair. I have extended warranty so Nissan retuned the money I paid for the repair. I also had to have the radio replaced- there was a CD stuck in it and the dealership I deal with could not repair it so they replaced it- go figure. The gas mileage is great- this is my 2nd Nissan and wouldn't purchase anything else. I'm having a problem with the brake light coming on at the moment and will take the car in for a check up. May be trading off for a newer model Nissan. I hate to do it because I love this car !!!

I love this 2.5 engine -- so much more pick up than the 1.8 I used to have.

Nissan needs to upgrade the stereo components. I love the Bose speakers but the radio/cd player itself could be improved.

Good Enough
By Davey00000

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a '97 sentra GXE then traded it in for the awesome SE-R. Great car, tons of fun to drive. NEVER HAVE HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM, even after 15,000 miles. Love the power.

Torque, torque, torque...oh yeah, and the torque. Really lets you pull away from the "other guy".

cup-holders, back-seat(just make a coupe)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R
By Sabbi127

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The SE-R is the best Sentra ever, the powerful engine + the small size of the car = fun to drive

The optional 300 watt Rockford Fosgate sound system

all it needs is leather seats and steering wheel mounted audio controls

Great little car!
By Dave Brenneman

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Ive had this car for about 3 weeks now and im loving it completely. This is my first new car, and im so glad i went with the SE-R its quick, fun to drive, great handling, i got the audio fanatic pacakage and that is so worth it, the sound in that car is so awesome, and the 2.5L engine is like a mini V6. Great HP and Torque make acceleration fun and easy. The gas mileage is ok, it runs about average with other cars. Overall, If you want a small sporty car thats affordable and fun to drive, id suggest it to anyone looking for a car like this!

Audio Fanatic Package, 2.5L Engine, the charcoal bucket seats (so comfortable) Pretty much the whole car!!

umm...could use better gas mileage. Other than that nothing i can see!!