2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Consumer Reviews

SE-R 2.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )
Luv My Bumble Bee
By Bizzib07 on 12/17/09 15:47 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought it for 10k back in March of 09, when living in Dallas tx I drove it to Louisiana and Oklahoma.... Then turned around and drive it up here to Washington state. I really had no issues, the only issue I'm having with it now is when I start it after its already warmed up I have to try 2x. But a tune up should fix that. Its my 2nd car my first was a Honda civic and it greatly compares, my next purchase will be a Nissan.

My 2004 Se-R
By gail on 01/25/08 06:20 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 SE-R in 11/2003. I have had a few problems with it. The sensor was acting up and the vehicle kept stalling out. Turns out it was a recall after I paid for the repair. I have extended warranty so Nissan retuned the money I paid for the repair. I also had to have the radio replaced- there was a CD stuck in it and the dealership I deal with could not repair it so they replaced it- go figure. The gas mileage is great- this is my 2nd Nissan and wouldn't purchase anything else. I'm having a problem with the brake light coming on at the moment and will take the car in for a check up. May be trading off for a newer model Nissan. I hate to do it because I love this car !!!

Good Enough
By Davey00000 on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a '97 sentra GXE then traded it in for the awesome SE-R. Great car, tons of fun to drive. NEVER HAVE HAD A SINGLE PROBLEM, even after 15,000 miles. Love the power.

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R
By Sabbi127 on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The SE-R is the best Sentra ever, the powerful engine + the small size of the car = fun to drive

Great little car!
By Dave Brenneman on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Ive had this car for about 3 weeks now and im loving it completely. This is my first new car, and im so glad i went with the SE-R its quick, fun to drive, great handling, i got the audio fanatic pacakage and that is so worth it, the sound in that car is so awesome, and the 2.5L engine is like a mini V6. Great HP and Torque make acceleration fun and easy. The gas mileage is ok, it runs about average with other cars. Overall, If you want a small sporty car thats affordable and fun to drive, id suggest it to anyone looking for a car like this!

Se-R Turbo!
By deadforeverturbo on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car back in 2003 and I got ripped off, but I now that I look back on it,it was worth every penny. Itsa nice entry level car for teenagers, and I love the torque steer!!!

Great first car to own
By tati on 07/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car wants to go! You can defintiely feel the power of the SE-R's engine. It handles great and the car feels really solid. Plus at this price, it's a great car especially if you're a first time buyer.

I wouldn't buy another one
By brittkaye on 06/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Nissan SE-R has not been a good car at all. I baught it in April 2002 as a graduation present. I now have a 7 1/2 page list from the dealership of things that have had to be done to it. New Starter, new censors, new computer....you name it, it's been replaced. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone!!

$20000 problem
By eelface75 on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Runs pretty strong for a 4 cyl. However, this thing has horrible rattle problems, every area of car has rattles. Had dash removed once, temp. fixed worst rattle that clicked nonstop from Pittsburgh to Lexington,KY. Several recalls wasting my time going to dealership. Calling Nissan Monday to try to get out of junk car. Paint smears when waxed like my previous 01 Sentra (yes, I know how to wax a car, only Sentras have done this to me and I use best polishes.) Cracked brake pad make horrible barking noise after only 7000 miles. Could go on for days.

Badly made, worse service
By NSANH8TER on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Be wary when you read these positive reviews that most of these people have not put many miles on their car. I have enough miles on my car to see it slowly unravel and to experience the lack of support and shadiness from Nissan service. The deterioration of the suspension and ride was astounding. Nissan service refused to fix it under warranty and then tried to swindle me into making other unnecessary repairs. So unless you plan on spending $$ on aftermarket adjustments steer clear of Nissan. FYI: The Sentra/SE-R is assembled in Mexico. Also Nissan is not the company it used to be since it was taken over by the french owned Renault.