2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Fantastic car!
By eewell on 10/23/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car about a year and a half ago and still love it! It is a Nissan so quality is excellent and the car performs great! Its got a lot of pick up so for those of you who want something with power, this is your car! Its great that its a four door because you get a powerful sports car without having to pay sports car insurance.

What a disappointment
By Mark Moreno on 06/04/09 17:36 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Why was this car my first ever lemon I've ever owned. Let me just say I had to replace the front left bearing 4 times. Thats right 4 times and Nissan treated me like a you know what. Lets just say the regional manager says she called me 3 times and never did. Be careful buying this cars. You need to fuel the car with 91 octane or better. There is no 40/60 split. The tail rattles after taking the abuse of the NYC streets. Do not replace the tranny fluid. I had to replace the tranny. When everything was working properly, the car was amazing to drive, great performance drives amazing for a FWD car. I will miss the 6-speed tranny. Watch out for Nissans customer service, its bad.

This car is junk ! ! !
By 04 SPEC-V on 06/02/09 05:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 04 SPEC-V with only 4,000 miles on it. It has all options except the stereo system upgrade. It was practically brand new. At about 20,000 miles the front struts went out. At 30,000 the rear struts needed to be replaced. At 48,000 the front struts needed to be replaced AGAIN. The build quality of this car is horrible. Mine came with the Brembo brakes. What the hell is NISSAN thinking Brembo brakes but no ABS. They are completely useless in snow or rain. Even cheap cars like KIA offer you ABS. Transmission doesn't always shift properly into reverse. The summer tires it came with do not last. I wish i never bought this car. I'm very disappointed.

Disappointed
By SE-R Spec V on 02/01/09 23:33 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a used 04 SE-R Spec V with only 4,000 miles on it. i'm very disappointed with it. The fuel mileage is average. The first gear is too short and sometimes it is a pain to put it in reverse. The ride is too harsh over little bumps and the suspension is bad. I had front struts replaced after 20K miles and rear twice at 25K and 57K miles. Many little irritating problems like the emergency brake light refuses to go off, it comes with stock summer only tires, factory speakers not that great, no ABS on a car at this price point is ridiculous. Even KIA offers ABS on their much cheaper models.

Fun to drive, not to own
By Not Worth trouble on 08/01/08 16:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I'm usually a Honda consumer, but due to their expensive prices I tried to experiment a little and bought this car because it was recommended to me by a family member. However, I have to tell you guys that this thing has been a pain to own. It is fun to drive, but it has had recalls on catalytic converter, ecu and crank angle sensor. The dealer has also given me a hard time about these recalls. This car also makes the most annoying ticking sound after turning it off. I ended up trading it In for a Honda civic Si. Do it right the first time and stay away from Nissan.

Nice Ride
By Mark on 07/30/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

What can I say, it's a nice ride. I live in NYC and I commute about 100 miles a day and this car is great on the highway but not so much on fuel. Little disappointed there. Fun to drive on the highway, not so much on the NYC streets. The potholes are a killer. No time to enjoy the ride. Too much shifting only to slam on the brakes for red lights and taxi cabs. Takes a little time to warm up. I love the shifting but can be hard at times. Great to drive in the mountains. Stiff ride in the city streets and sometimes to highway. Girlfriend complains of the stiff ride but I don't mind. Look for a car that gets better gas mileage. Look at the SE 2.0 liter. Better ride and gas mileage.

Spec V
By Sharpmaxell on 03/20/08 20:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second Spec V and I love it. The exterior styling is better on the 02 and 03 but the performance is great. I don't really race but it certainly has plenty of get up and go either on the street or the highway.

Great car
By Ryan on 10/30/06 11:14 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i love it...its pretty fun to drive.the interior is great...the acceleration is pretty good and so is the handling...i advise you that if u want a fast 4 cylinder for under 20 g's then this is the car for you....

Spec-V Wrap-up Review
By J Ruff on 09/11/06 11:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Recently turned in my Spec-V for an Altima. The Spec-V was a very fun car to drive and was a performance bargain that could not be beat for a few years. Finicky handling, but fairly high limits once you were aquainted with the car. Good strong motor, brakes, and nice steering. The only real weak links were the shifter (sometimes) and torque steer. After a while though you do become accustomed to these quirks and the car never lost its charm. The car felt solid all the time I had it. The only big complaint I had was the ease with which the paint got chipped in the front. My other big complaint was that Nissan did not see this as normal wear and tried (but failed) to charge me for it.

nissan sentra se turbo R spec v
By nakia on 08/03/06 16:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great car very reliable gas mileage depends on how you drive. it hugs all turns a little bumpy but hey, great power and torque feels like a v8 but an in line 4 wow.