2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Basic QG Manual
By b15uqg on 12/07/13 21:25 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My 1.8s Manual Sentra is a quick little QG that I love driving and doing mods to. Stock it will do 0-60 in 7.8 seconds (if you're good at power shifting). It's super good on gas, picks up speed well, a lot of torque in 4th gear. I easily get up to 90mph in 4th gear, doesn't even get loud. The car has 114,000 miles on it too. I haven't had to fix/replace anything on it yet. Clutch might be starting to get a little slippy because I dropped it to do burnouts. If you buy this car from a dealer I can bet you it will be extremely reliable.

Great Little Compact
By Erin in Indy on 07/16/10 11:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004. I was downgrading quite a bit, so it took some time to get used to it. But other than my 'snobbishness' to it originally, it's been a great little car. I have over 100K miles on it, have driven it from IN to TX and to FL a couple times, plus a 60 mile commute for work everyday. I've had very little trouble with it mechanically. Had an engine issue a couple yrs after I bought it, but that was covered under my warranty. Otherwise only normal things like new tires and brakes. It's been comfortable on long road trips. I wouldn't want to sit in the back for very long but then I again, I don't have to. :)

average car with few problems
By fuji on 04/17/10 19:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

head gasket went @ 127k miles. cd stop working @ 80k miles. The back seat door handle keep falling out. The cat. convector been replace twice, first under 36k miles warranty, second times @80k miles replaced from nissan recall.Other than those problem,the car works good. It get 33 mpg on highway. The battery, head light & ac still original.The clutch was replace @ 110k miles have to tow the car to transmission shop. But i was teaching my daughter the stick shift. Overall i think still a good car.

terrible car
By sean on 09/12/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

DO NOT BUY NISSAN. This car has been a nightmare for me. I have had countless problems with the car. Manifold had to be replaced twice, O2 sensors replaced numerous times, fuel injector is faulty, spark plugs need constant attention, car shakes uncontrollably, nissan refuses to pay for any of this even though it is supposed to be covered under a parts warranty. car is around 94000 miles now and I'm surprised its lasted even this long. Maximum speed on the highway is around 40 mph.

Goods and bads
By lacedup on 07/06/09 19:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2004 Nissan sentra 1.8s its been really good to me I mean its a 2004 and has 83,000 miles allready meaning it is reliable and fun to drive but there are a few things wrong with the one I have and I have heard this happens with many others also the cd player just stopped working and didn't spit the cd out just made a clicking noise which I had replaced and I had to replace the belts on the car numerous times and sometime the car takes 2-3 tries to start, but also on the insides the seats rip very easily and back seat, well consider there is basically no backseat cause its very small and tight, paint that it come with is very cheap, other than that it pretty quick and very good on gas

Nissan Sentra 2004 1.8L S Auto,
By jason on 06/12/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

good car reliable, but comes with some problems... yea i had to replace Stock CD deck for the same thing..the shocks on the back are gone on mine at 100,000km. Other than that very nice car... but very bad crash ratings!!!

No more nissans for me!
By GruchMasta on 06/12/09 09:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this is my hmmm 4th and last nissan - i owned models from 1989 - all sentras - and this one - 2004 -it is driving disaster - everything brakes in it - at 40k-belts - at 55k-water pump - at 35k !!!-clock spring for horn and airbag ! when i research it is on almost half of nissan production -maybe it is time for recall ???- at 65k-charcoal filter release valve ?!?!-fuel were shooting out of the gas tank and rpms were high , now the check engine is on - one of the 02 sensors -i guess..... you dont know what may be tomorrow !!! thankfully didnt stop dead on the road yet but you dont know what will happen in the future ,oh and the paint is so cheap - about 1 year later started to fade...junk !

the b man
By The B Man on 10/19/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Sentra now has 64k miles and the only problem I've ever had was the seat material that ripped 4 times and I has it replaced under Nissan's warranty. The back seat is so tight that you should consider offering someone a ride back there. The 30 MPG on the highway is great and it works great for me, since I just use this car on my daily commute. Cheap and reliable transportation.

Not a terrible car
By herb45 on 09/29/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I already have a new car, but started a new job and drive 43 miles one way. So I bought a 2004 Sentra with 55,800 miles on it to keep the miles off the new one and thought it would be a great car. Well, the mileage is great, 25 mpg city/37 mpg hwy. Great for an automatic. I have had to have quite a few things replaced, as it was a repo. I only paid 5400 for the car, but have had to replace gas tank seal, alternator belt/pulley, crankshaft & camshaft sensors, and had to order dye for the carpet & upholstery (special order), as I am trying to make the car look as nice as possible. I just hope I won't have to replace anything for a while. I did manage to drive about 2000 miles before the sensors were replaced.

Love it so far
By Jewey on 09/27/08 21:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well worth the money. Very strong 4 cyl. Bought mine used and am very satisfied. Replaced battery and a tire, that's it. Great gas mileage.

1 2 3 4 5 next »