Used 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Awesome car
By vignesh

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

the little engine that could
By brianna

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

there is nothing flashy about this car, so if you are looking for something more than standard, you should look for something else. My 2004 Nissan Sentra has been a godsend as far as reliability goes though. I bought this car from my parents when I was in college, and I am still driving it today. My parents bought it brand-new in 2004, and although it has had a handful of fixes over the years, it has remained steady. This car now has over 220,000 miles on it, and every time I bring it into the shop for its oil change, I think that they will tell me it's on it's last leg, but they always say quite the opposite. I always get a good report with this car, and they tell me that they think it will keep going for more miles! Good job, Nissan!

nothing but problems.
By shotgun1496

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car from carmax. the stereo skips non stop, had to change the starter three times, dash lights went out, had to have the ignition switch replaced twice. hard to start the car, often time you have to shut the engine off and back on, because the car just wont go above 20, steering is difficult, and i'm 6ft so the car isn't the most roomy, the riding comfort is the only good thing. overall bad car.

comfort.

everything mechanical.

Love My Car!
By kajun8girl

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Sentra with 10 miles on it.
I keep up with my regular maintenance (oil, tires, filters etc). The only mechanical issue I have had was a sensor went out. $34 it was fixed (by me). I now have 195k miles on my car and it still drives wonderful! Yes I have some of the simular issues that others have had, my trunk only pops with the key (I know what is wrong but haven't had time to take it appart-simple fix), the back door handles pop out on occassion. But for the price I paid for my car, the MANY road trips from TX to LA and the fact that I have 2 children under 10-I would say I have gotten my monies worth.
I still get excellent gas miliage!

The only improvements I would make is the quality of the material on the interior of the car. I have been hit 4 times since I have purchased my car - the outside of the car has done wonderful!

bad luck with cars
By wyant

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had my 2004 nissan sentra since February.
I've had nothing but problems with it.
I've already had to have a new cat converter put on.
Light is on again for a gas cap code, and then last night i hit the on button for cruise....and my horn honked.
It honks now whether i turn my cruise on or off.
And then a couple times it didn't do it!!!
Anyone else having the same problems?
Especially the horn honking!!