Wolf in sheep's clothing
By happyspecvdriver on
2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
After trying to find a used MaximaSE manual for a couple of months, I decided to go with the SpecV as my commuter car. It doesn't have as much power as my wife's Max SE, but it is very quick and gets on the freeway with ease. I have an 80 mile commute, the limit is 65, but traffic routinely moves at 70plus. Not a problem cruising at 75, revs at 2700 with plenty to spare. Techwise, it's got a lot of perks, which all combine to make it an economy car with attitude. This isn't your grandpa's Civic or Corolla. Ready to race out of the box, no after-market parts required. And at $16312 it was a great deal. Best thing is, I'm not one of the Civic or Corolla or Jetta masses.
Favorite Features
175hp, 6-speed, power moon roof, keyless entry, seat cloth is like ballistic nylon. Conservative sheet metal so you don't have to race every hopped up Civic that pulls up.
Suggested Improvements
Lumbar support would be nice. And why couldn't Nissan put gas filled lifts on the hood? Why not add a header and a cold air intake, it's not like they are producing a ton of these models - make 'em special!