Why Pay More?
By NissanGuy on
2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Bought this car as a daily driver after wrecking my first 300ZX (I have another one now in the garage). Was very pleasantly surprised by the strong performance, and good interior room. I love Nissans - I think you consistently get more for your money than with Toyota or Honda. I wanted an auto for DC area driving conditions, so a Spec-V was out of the question, but the SE-R has performed just fine. I think the car is nimble and generally handles well in all weather conditions, but I agree that the OEM Firehawk tires need help. My main complaint is the same as most others - the interior is cheap looking and feeling. In sum, you get a lot more go for your $ with the SE-R vs the others.
Favorite Features
Good HP/weight ratio, tight steering, front end design very nice, R-F stereo great (though a multi-changer would have been nice), front seats have ample hip room, headroom and shoulder room for a big guy.
Suggested Improvements
Rear end looks bulbous and clumsy. Build quality is a little suspect - a lot of TSB's on this car - I lost a crankshaft position sensor at just over 30K miles, etc. The 07 model looks utterly crappy - like an Altima stuck in a hydraulic press - BIG disappointment. Would love the 200HP though.