2003 Nissan Sentra 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Surprising to drive!

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Review

Surprising to drive!
By Kei_Calibur on

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Ever since I first drove this car for the test drive, I've loved it. I like to drive fast and to be able to get around town when I need to, and this car is more than suitable for it. With plenty of power throughout the majority of the RPM's, it will not let you down. For tuner's out there, it has a good aftermarket backing. To other's, it comes with just about everything you will need. I'm having a hard time wanting to replace the stock sound system. In fact, the only thing I would want to replace is the factory header due to the precat restricting the powerband. With the sound package, sunroof, 6-speed transaxle and the 17" rims, you really can't beat this car for the price.

Favorite Features

Plenty of HP and torque. 17" rims with sticky tires. Chirps 2nd gear anytime I want. Sub 15 in the 1/4 mile for stock times. Helical limited slip. Very nice sound system. Seats hold you in place.

Suggested Improvements

Back end styling is really not my thing but it works and I can live with it. Nissan paint is HORRIBLE. My biggest complaint is the paint. Some components can be made a little better but this is nit-picky. Independent rear suspension would also be better.
By mrheisenberg
on 01/03/14 16:48 PM (PST)

from what i understand, the power restriction is the least of the cats concern. they tend to fail and cause serious engine damage from the research i have done on it. i put a set of headers on mine before i ever put the finished engine in the car. however take care in insulating them or the alternator very well. my headers sit under a 1/2 inch away from the alternator and it may be the extensive head work and therefore increased header temperature has twice now cooked out the circuits in my alternator. if your going to do ANYTHING to it id suggest starting there good luck and enjoy