People need to take better care of cars
By thunder on
2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
When I bought the car it only had 55,000 miles on it. Now 2 years later it has 78,000 miles. I only had to change some wear and tear parts. With Nissan Sentra, like any other car, if you don't keep up on the maintenance the car won't perform or run properly. Little problems turn to bigger problems. If you keep having head gasket problems let up and quit horsing the damn car, and if you are having radio problems keep the volume down or get a hearing aid. Factory radios can only take so much power on any car not only Nissan.
Favorite Features
The radio, gas mileage, among other things
By consumer30
on 08/15/11 09:25 AM (PDT)

Question...How's it driving now??? I have to disagree with the person who wrote this comment .... I'll have you know, I purchased my Nissan GXE with only 17,000 miles on it.....drove it for YEARS with NO problems, took excellent care of it & then last year the bottom fell out! Sure, after the first 2 or 3yrs I would have said the same thing..."People are just not taking care of their cars", but after reaching 100,000+ miles, I started having major repair issues...one after the other...The sensors started going crazy...crank shaft & cram sensors, 1 yr later...the head gasket had to be replaced, the steering rack 6mos later....& these are $1000+ repairs!!! Major disappointment. I know people with 200,000+ miles on their cars(different makes/models) & I thought I would be one them with my Nissan... I guess NOT! I did get a lot of use out of it, but my original intention was to keep it a lot longer. Unfortunately, I'm now considering purchasing another car per its now not worth putting $2000+ ( & climbing) worth of repairs into it. So its not always necessarily the OWNER's fault a car is FALLING A-PART... sometimes its the MANUFACTURER!!