2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
If you are one of those non car savvy folks with little to no mechanical skills, this is NOT the car for you. Well, unless you have loads of cash at your disposal for repairs. I have owned my SPEC V since 2004, and trust me, changing the oil and basic maintenance just does not cut it for these things. The 2 main issues on this particular model are the butterfly screws inside the intake manifold that NEED to be loctited and the stock exhaust manifold that NEEDS to be replaced with an aftermarket header ASAP after purchase, due to the poor factory design that can cause SERIOUS DAMAGE to your engine. If you enjoy modding, working on cars and learning about them, this car can be very rewarding.
* Decent horspower and torque for daily driving, especially for merging on the freeway.
* Limited Slip Differential for pulling out of turns.
* 28 MPGs (Shifting at 2500 RPMs)
* Good aftermarket support.
* A lot of fun to drive.
* It is a MUST for the owner to remove the upper section of the intake manifold and apply RED loctite to the butterfly valve screws inside the intake manifold.
* It is also a MUST to replace the factory exhaust manifold with an aftermarket CATLESS header to eliminate the pre-cat from the system.
* This motor is notorious for head gasket failures due to poor head gasket design. If your head gasket does fail, MAKE SURE to replace it with a 2007 SPEC V (triple layer) head gasket, the only difference is that the 2007 head gasket will NOT have a hole for the oil drain. All you need to do is take it to the machine shop, and have them drill a hole for the oil drain.