2003 Nissan Sentra 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Good Enough to Buy it

2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

SE-R Spec V Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Good Enough to Buy it Twice
By 03SpecV on

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my second '03 Spec V yesterday. I had my first one for about 4 months and was rearended, and 2 weeks later before I got the damage fixed, a 16 yr old pulled out in front of me totalling the car. I put 7,000 miles on it in that short time. After shopping around again, I could not bring myself to buy the ugly 04 Spec (Nissan's design team shouldn't have messed with the front of the car). Even though I paid $1200 more than my first one, I still bought another (RF stereo included this time). I have all options on the new one except the "safety" package(ABS, side airbags) and still paid under $17500 including shipping costs.

Favorite Features

Handling is excellent, and good torque available to accelerate without downshifts. Front end Skyline styling (Why did Nissan change this on the '04s????? - Now all Sentras look the same, from an XE to a Spec V!).

Suggested Improvements

The 5th gear was difficult to find at first. Torque Steer has been an issue that everyone complains about. Rear end needs to be restyled.