2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (95 reviews )
Can't Beat it for the Money!
By briggzay on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Having recently worked my butt out of debt, i had determined to buy a sensible car that would be reasonably- priced, and reasonably sporty/outfitted with a few niceties. Though i love to drive good cars, they are a horrible investments, and i didn't want to go back into debt just to own one. In my shopping, I limited myself to an $18,000 max pricetag, which i was sure would land me in a sensible, boring, reliable small car. Boy was i wrong! After one drive of the SpecV, i was amazed at the amazingly solid handling, very peppy acceleration, and nicely-designed interior. All for under $18,000!

SPEC V or M3
By 7SPEED on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had this car 2wks so far and have nothing but love. Quiet engine and minimal wind noise. Usually I have the 180w stereo(standard equipment) turned up so I don't hear anything. This thing even pulls hard at 60mph in 6th gear. This is the poor persons' M3!!

WOW
By MarkG on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is just great to drive. I only have 1000 miles on it right now so I have not taken it to the track but this car is just quick. It puts you in your seat and makes you feel like your flying. When you step on the gas you are in for the ride of your life. Warning to everyone, do not try flooring it around a turn unless you have some mussels to hold the wheel.

Fun car, but could use some work!!
By Kip on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Over all this car is a good bargin for the bang, nice looking, nice interior, and decent performance. Although they could improve on a few things,second and third gears are a bit crunchy, and my biggest complaint is the traction, i mean, I went from owning a 2002 Ford Mustang Gt, and it had better traction than this car, this cars tires just spin with little gas, and im not trying to fry these tires, thats why i steped down a to a cheaper car, to save money. anyway, what im saying is, if you want a car with good traction in rain or snow, this is not your car, its really bad in the snow, really really bad.

A fun little car
By mark Chan on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

THIS SENTRA SER SPEC V IS A FUN CAR TO DRIVE, WITH LOTS OF TORQUE AND PLENTY OF POWER. THERE IS NO TURBO LAG OR WAITING FOR THE VTEC MECHANISM TO KICK IN, PRETTY MUCH LIKE DRIVING A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE MUSTANG, IF THERE IS ONE. THE SUSPENSION SETTING IS FIRM BUT COMFORTABLE. FORTUNATELY, NISSAN HAS INSTALLED THE HELICAL LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL INTO THIS VEHICLE, OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE A REAL CHALLENGE TO DRIVE THIS LITTLE MONSTER IN RAIN OR SNOW. BODY STRUSTURE IS IMPRESSIVE, COMBINED WITH THAT PRIMITIVE REAR BEAM AXLE, IT HANDLES MUCH LIKE A GOLF GTI, WHICH IS NOT A BAD THING.

Ecellent
By Justin White on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

this car has given me no problems what so ever

Street Racer
By Mark F on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the Spec V because I needed a 4-door car to transport the wife and kid, needed a low payment and good fuel economy, yet still wanted to autocross on the weekends. The Spec V does it all very nicely thank you. Room for the family and it also powers around the pylons like crazy. No complaints.

Best car for the money
By BlackSpecV on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Hands down, this is the best car for the money. Paid $16,395 out the door for a '03 SpecV w/ floor mats and microfilter. Great financing from Nissan. Each time I get out, I find myself looking back at it with pride. Why get an underpowered Celica or Civic, when you can get this beast at the same price?

Good all-around!!
By typo31 on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Good all-around vehicle..Performance is excellent for a naturally aspirated 4-banger....With such a rough-riding suspension, vehicle should handle better...Six speed might as well be a five speed seeing as how first gear is useless and sixth gear tachs around the same as most five speeds...It is still a blast to drive..

Good as they say...
By himura_kenshin on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was finally fed up with all of the reliablility and fit and finish issues with my 1999 Ford SVT Contour and was looking for a new vehicle. All of the reveiws said that the Sentra SE-R Spec V was an affordable and fun to drive car (including Edmunds)and I have to say that they were correct.