Used 2003 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

(Of Course) Bang for the buck
By Zeek

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The Spec-V is one of the best 'bang for your buck' cars available. It is also one of the few with four doors. It will run a mid to low 15 second quarter mile stock, but there aren't many modifications available for the car yet, so for you tuners there isn't very much further to go. The car has its great points, handling, lots of torque, and styling, and it's bad points,

6 Speed. Torque. Handling, Styling.

Mileage + you have to use premium fuel, which is expensive now. There are a few known bugs with the car, the precat and the butterfly screws are two of them.

awesome
By Marc

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i think that this car is awesome. it offers more that looks, it offers a style that not many car manufactures can give you.

Yellow paint, and power

more power and a better sounding stereo system

As predicted the brakes failed after 14k
By Terry

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I read reviews before i bought the car and many comments said the brakes would go after only 15. I mentioned it to the dealer and they discounted it to poor driving habits. sure enough, at 14,800kms the front brakes and rotors had to be replaced. they would not cover the replacement as i didn't get my regular maintenance done there. the service absoulutely sucks. you wonder why i didn't get my maintenance there. my first and only maintenance was to get an oil change and winter studded tires removed. when they placed the tires in the car they scratched my car and refused to admit it. When purchasing a Sentra insist in writing that they would cover a brake job if they fail after <20k.

the interior is ok and the heated sideview mirrors are a plus.

Brakes reliability!

2 years down the road
By Daytona

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I've had this car now for 2.5 years now so I think I know it pretty well. First, second and third gear rubber, not bad. Torque steer can get very bad and out of control. Looks are excellent. Reverse lockout is very poor. Hitting reverse while shifting to 6th gear is possible with little effort (I've done it several times). Front seats are poor design. Put something flat on it and it ends up in the back on the floor. Turning radius is also poor, Fuel average for city is 20 mpg. I have the black one, paint quality is poor but looks great. Nicks or scratches with little effort. Still, I like this car. Sound system is fine, for me anyway. This car will hold a tight turn like no other.

Looks and those quick getaways. Feel on the road.

Fix the shifting and turning radius.

Very Nice
By James

2003 Nissan Sentra 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in April, 2003 and it has 26,000 now. I had 0 problems and never had to go to the dealer except for the ECM recall. I highly recommend this car. I usually get 26MPG+. Not bad for a fast car!

The 175HP engine. Smooth power. Power everything and a lot of equipments standard like alarms, side airbags, disc brakes, 180W audio system, etc.

improve ride on choppy roads.