Used 2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

2003 Sentra
By Danamo

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Sentra for only 4 months now, but so far like it very much. I owned a Stanza previously for 17 years and that car was worth every penny. I am hoping that this one will carry on the tradition of dependability and quality build.

Favorite Features

170 hp engine, antilock brakes,180 watt stereo, sun roof, comfortable seats,leather wrapped steering wheel, large trunk, aluminum rims, front and side airbags, and the overall sporty feel.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage ratings, telescoping steering wheel, more front leg room.

nissans are the best
By amandab

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i feel comfortable in it, i can wake up and know it will ride like a dream every morning. very comfortable, and great with gas, that helps with me going to school full time

Favorite Features

my favorite feature, is the power windows and locks, but i love all the safety features as well makes me feel secure.

Suggested Improvements

it needs to have anti-lock brakes, and it would be perfect

Sentra GXE
By Bill123

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy the car alot, but the finish leaves something to be desired. While driving the wind noise from the doors can be very loud. The dealership says this is normal. I have had Hondas and VWs and never heard this much noise from my other cars. Also I doubt my odometer is accurate. It seems I am now driving about 6 or 700 hundred miles a month more than I did with my previous car. Would I buy this car again? Hmmm I do not know. It is fun to drive but the issues mentioned above mean alot in a car priced at $16,000 and change.

Favorite Features

Dashboard layout, seats.

Suggested Improvements

Seal the doors and windows for wind noise

2ND Nissan Sentra
By CURTIS

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Sentra, the 1st was a 2000 with a 2.0 ltr. on a lease. The 2nd was to buy and keep and thus so far it has been a great car. The only problem i've had was to replace the CD player 2 times because the CD's wouldn't come out, but other than that 3rd CD player seems to be working good, thanks to a warranty. Since this is a 1.8 ltr. it is not as powerful as the 2.0, but the gas milege is pretty good and the car feels soild and comfy.

Favorite Features

Interior, exterior, great sound system with 7 speakers, spoiler, fog lights.

Suggested Improvements

Need more space in back seat, trunk and more horsepower.

nissan vibe
By buni44

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Sentra from 89. Reliable and smooth. I wish I hadn't give it away. It's more than one year now since I bought a brand new 2002. Problems with the brakes and the suspension. Safety problems too: today it's been the tenth time that I press the brake and the transmission won't work and car wouldn't stop. RPM increases to almost 4000 sometimes. Very poor on gas. Poor transmission too. I took the car to the dealership for vibration problems. From 2400 to 2900 RPM front vibrates. Very unpleasant in overdrive. They wouldn't say what it is jsut gave me the keys of two new ones. They were worse. I envy the Toyotees.

Favorite Features

lots of leg room for the driver

Suggested Improvements

Brakes; trans; suspension, exhaust.