2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Performance for a gimp
By mshimek on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the SE-R and SE-R Spec-V but a medical condition both prevents me from driving standard and requires safety features not available on most (affordable) cars. The 2.5LE comes standard with an AT and all the safety features I can shake a stick at. The big diference between the 2.5LE and the SE-Rs is the suspension. In my case, I won't be powering out corners but the beefy four definitely puts a smile on my face. Enthusiasts beware! It definitely leans more toward a luxurious (and quiet) ride than a connected to the road feel.

Very nice package
By Tink on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very good and solid small car. It competes well with other cars in this catagory.

2.5 LE kicks!
By alpha01 on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car is truly a find- a great engine, wonderfully executed interior and many safety features at great price! Car handles well if not very sportily, interior materials feel great, fuel economy (about 27MPG in a mix of city/hwy) is very respectable give the 165 hp. If you're looking for value, forget the ION or the Elantra. Get the 2.5LE.

2003 2.5LE Sentra
By nissanbuyer on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a limited edition sentra in oct 2002.Overall, I am pleased with the performance of the car- good acceleration, and for the price there is no other car in its class that can compete with all the features that this model provides (ABS/side airbags/165hp, etc) I am upset however because no more than a month after I had the car, I discovered that I had a pin-size hole leak in one of the lower radiator tubes. I am surprised at this and did not really anticipate experiencing this type of problem from a company such as nissan. However, all in all the car is a good buy for commuting.

Very Pleased
By cheap on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I am very pleased with the Sentra. I previously owned an Audi A4 so I miss many of the little comforts of the Audi, but I do not miss the expensive upkeep and low gas milage. The Sentra is reliable, performs well for the gas milage it get's and with a spoiler it's not that bad to look at either. I've only had the car for a few months and I already have 14,000 miles on it. If the 2.5 was out when I bought it, I would have gotten the 2.5l

Sentra Good? My family owns three!
By toga333 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Sentra GXE offers great styling, and reliablity. The ABS/Side air bags are only availiable as an add-on package. Fuel economy is 29-32MPG, with about a 300-340 mile Range. We have had no issues with the 3 Sentras my Family owns (01SE,02GXE,03GXE). 180 Watt stereo in uplevel packages are a plus, so are alloy wheels. oh, and make sure you get a rear spoiler, it really improves the rear look of the car!

Yikes...
By Chris0101 on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car has real punch. I'm still amazed how quick this car is after nearly a month with it. The transmission does a good job of kicking down quickly too. Nice to get 4 wheel disc brakes, side airbags and abs in a car for $15.8K

My First Foreign Car!
By bob@fagnant.com on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I gave American auto dealers 30 years to get it right but American cars are actually worse today than ever- and Ford didn't even honor their own recall! Sound familiar? So I bought a Nissan! I have been surprised at the performance and when a Honda skid to a crash, I was steady on the road. I just got nicked on my left mirror by a guy going 60 miles an hour down a side street today (and the mirror is still solid) and this is only my 3rd week! Buy one, it's a great value for a foreign car and you only have one life!

Very good commute car
By kangaroo on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for commute purpose. With Synergy Package. Worth the price.

First Time Nissan Buyer
By Tom Neston on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Nissan Sentra Was Going To Be A Cross Country Road Trip From New Jersey To California. Plus A Trip From New To Key West Florida. During The First 4 Months That I have owned The Nissan Sentra It has performed wonderfully, without any problems. I purchased It on June 29, 2002 And Today It Is November 28, 2002. The Auto has 25,000 Miles on it and the next trip will be to Seattle, Washington and Bownsville, Texas. Great Small Car.