2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (95 reviews )
Great Car
By Tha P on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Powerful, very fun to drive and comfortable. Good price for the car. The best quality/price in the range of car.

The car for those that like to drive
By JMKLF on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I looked at this car along with the Protege, Cavalier and Focus. After driving them all, this car was by far the best choice. It is FAST and FUN. It has room for my family (two car seats) and still puts a smile on my face when driving. The seats are supportive and well bolstered. The R/F stereo is exceptional (although not world-class). I got leather put in on all seats and inserts and would highly recommend this. My only complaint is that reverse is located on the right side of the shifter (off of 5th/6th) and there is only a detente to push through to get there. You can end up there in spirited up and downshifts (at high speed).

Spec V rocks!
By Spec V driver on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is the best sport compact for the price. I have the sunroof and rockford fosgate system, and it is great having a loaded car (17" wheels, 6 spd, helical limited slip, racing suspension, strut bar, sports seats, mongo brakes, etc) without breaking the bank. Extremely fun to drive, plenty quick, corners awesome, and the car has plenty of "attitude." Go buy one now!!!

Fun and powerful
By Carlos M Larios on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

WEll i just bought my car yesterday...i love the power and i got a great proce on it...1740O w/ moon roof and audio package not including Tax, tags, and freight...the second i got in the car i knew it had to be mine. You can just feel the power that this small car has. i test drove it and loved it. the 6 speed manual tran is a beautiful thing...responsive and generally has a good sports car feel to it. I will update my enrty as time goes by. Honestly don't pass this one up...i was in the market for amazda 6 but when it cam,e down to it the Spec v had the power and enough options to keep me happy and at a good price.

Great deal, great car
By VSpec_Silver on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased a 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V. Looked at Civic SI, but who needs an uncomfortable 3-spoke stearing wheel, tiny wheels, and pathetic stereo. Go with the Nissan and get an unbelievable stereo, sunroof, huge 17 inch wheels and true comfort. The seats are hard where they should be and soft where they need to be. Car is comfortable and a great value.

Best bang for the buck, period
By Specificationvictory on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

you absolutely cannot get a better car for the price.

Spec V is Great!!!
By KAPACINO on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i have just purchased my top of the line spec v, and i got it in sunburst yellow and it looks great, in fact i havent seen another yellow car on the road for awhile, and the tight suspension feels great, while acceleration at high speeds is even better, crusing at 60, i didnt even need to reach 3 rpms to pass up people at 80 mph, great pickup

Best in its class
By dsifai on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Had the car for 5 months now. Extremely fun to drive. I must say that my expectations were to high for this car, consequently I was disappointed with the tourque of the engine. Handling and braking are its bests points. Fuel consumption and rear leg room are its draw backs. For the price I paid, there is nothing that beats it. It is a beautiful car and it passed the Canadian test... starts at -45 degrees C, eh!

Just a comment
By Targetseeker on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 17 miles back in September and I consider myself to be an agressive driver. I also put a lot of mileage on this car as I am already at 11,900 miles a week short from 6 months. The car is awesome and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. It response quickly and no Civic, V6 Mustang or any other car in it's class can come close on the highway. There is a downfall though. All this fun vanishes when it rains. I give the Continentals a zero if I had to rate their performance in the rain. The car simply does not stop on wet pavement and skates on the white lines in front of the traffic lights.

My new Spec V
By Panther on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The car is very fun to drive, looks great, the ride is firm and well planted so far (have not had it in the snow yet). Overall is a great car for the price, I mean you get so many performance features on this car for the buck! Features like: 6spd trans, 17" wheels, sway bars front & rear, 11" disc brakes on all 4 wheels, limited slip axle, strut tower brace, 175hp engine with loads of torque, absolutely awsome interior and "RF" sound system.