Used 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (95 reviews )

Not the best, but what really is?
By Osiris

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Having traded in my 2001 Focus ZTS on what seemed like a whim, I became the owner of a pure white SE-R Spec V. It's made me feel like I got a much better car for a reasonable price. Though inoffensive on the exterior, it's certainly not ugly. The interior is pleasant and well thought out, though the plastics leave much to be desired. The red gauges are difficult to read sometimes. Seats are comfy, good back support. This is not a car for everyone. It doesn't even attempt to coddle you and your passengers. But I find myself looking for longer ways home just to spend more time driving. That's a hard thing to get people to want to do with an economy car.

Performance! Cornering! Acceleration!

Interior plastics, gas mileage, transmission.

almost perfect
By butkus

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

this is my second sentra in nine years.my last is a 93sentra with 180,000miles and still running.i wanted an upgrade with a little pep.that is why picked spec-v.

easy shift,everything is very easy to get to inside,excellentpickup.

better cup holders,less road noise,longer in 5th gear.

Good Enough to Buy it Twice
By 03SpecV

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my second '03 Spec V yesterday. I had my first one for about 4 months and was rearended, and 2 weeks later before I got the damage fixed, a 16 yr old pulled out in front of me totalling the car. I put 7,000 miles on it in that short time. After shopping around again, I could not bring myself to buy the ugly 04 Spec (Nissan's design team shouldn't have messed with the front of the car). Even though I paid $1200 more than my first one, I still bought another (RF stereo included this time). I have all options on the new one except the "safety" package(ABS, side airbags) and still paid under $17500 including shipping costs.

Handling is excellent, and good torque available to accelerate without downshifts. Front end Skyline styling (Why did Nissan change this on the '04s????? - Now all Sentras look the same, from an XE to a Spec V!).

The 5th gear was difficult to find at first. Torque Steer has been an issue that everyone complains about. Rear end needs to be restyled.

Bargain
By wacka

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Well after 3000 miles and first service, this car has not let me down (RF Package/Sunroof). It has good power, nice interior, great looks and a great feel on the road. The fact that I got this for easily under 18,000 feels like a steal. There is a pre-cat recall but it was taken care of with no problems. great car for the price.

6 speed manual transmission. TORQUE! 17 inch wheels, stereo. 4 doors. Value for price. Leather steering wheel.

Pre-catalyst recall issue. Bad turning radius. Vent foam.

excellent value for the price
By yellow specv

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Awesome performance for under 20,000. Right from the test drive I knew that this car was a beast. Plenty of low and mid range torque that pulls all the way to 6200rpm redline.

Helical limited slip *My favorite feature is the way the engine bowes out at 5 grand. Similer to honda's v-tech the spec moves a lot of air as it pulls to redline.

A higher red line would be nice giving a little more top end. Also less shifts to 60mph (2 instead of 3) More horse for size of engine (well-rounded 200 would really be nice). Just imagine what an extra 25 horse could do. Overall I'm Impressed by this car!