2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
V is for me
By flanders,ned15 on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Great car...best value if looking for performance and overall quality. 10 times better than Civic and it's not a Neon. 28-30 mpg. 6 speeds could be spread out better at the bottom end, but just a thrill to drive. Quick, comfortable, standard audio is great. Can't say enough how much I fall in love everytime i see it and climb behind the wheel.

SE-Rprised!!
By Wetzel's Pretzels on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a Torque monster! It blows away my turbo VW. The suspension is very tight with minimal body roll. Initial quality was great. I was very surprised how much power the car had after I broke it in. The gear ratios are perfect for the elastic 2.5l and the brakes are superb. Keep an eye on the TACH because 6,000 comes up quick!!!

Sentra 2003
By Heatherl on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

the best car in its class. solid and reliable. not very zippy but it still drives really nice.

2003 Sentra
By Danamo on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Sentra for only 4 months now, but so far like it very much. I owned a Stanza previously for 17 years and that car was worth every penny. I am hoping that this one will carry on the tradition of dependability and quality build.

great fun car
By igottasweetride on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven. It's fast accelerates good and hands decent but needs a little work. It doesn't seems to have any problems or kinks and is an all around great car. It gives you the biggest bang for the buck.

Just Bought
By 2003Spec-V on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the car for a day now. The car is real fun to drive. Great pick up even without down shifting. Rides real nice. Turns well. I got it with all the options plus some. SE-R engraved leather seats, SE-R Bra, Wheel Locks,Moonroof visor.Rockford Fosgate sound system. Little bit more than some competiors but alot better of a car in my opinion.

nissans are the best
By amandab on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i feel comfortable in it, i can wake up and know it will ride like a dream every morning. very comfortable, and great with gas, that helps with me going to school full time

Sentra GXE
By Bill123 on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy the car alot, but the finish leaves something to be desired. While driving the wind noise from the doors can be very loud. The dealership says this is normal. I have had Hondas and VWs and never heard this much noise from my other cars. Also I doubt my odometer is accurate. It seems I am now driving about 6 or 700 hundred miles a month more than I did with my previous car. Would I buy this car again? Hmmm I do not know. It is fun to drive but the issues mentioned above mean alot in a car priced at $16,000 and change.

Fix the AC system!
By Henrygrc on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My complaint is the A/C system. When "defrost" is selcted the A/C compressor starts working as it should with the A/C switch off. However when I switch the Mode Control Knob back to the dash wents, the A/C ramains on(with the A/C switch off),the compressor keeps cycling and it is impossible to turn it off unless the vehicle is restarted. Nissan issued a service bulletin HA03-002 NTSB03-065 advising that this is a "normal" condition. How is it normal when you have to stop and restart you car in order to turn your A/C off? Looks like not too many people noticed this and Nissan wont issue a recall unless there is more complaints

2ND Nissan Sentra
By CURTIS on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Sentra, the 1st was a 2000 with a 2.0 ltr. on a lease. The 2nd was to buy and keep and thus so far it has been a great car. The only problem i've had was to replace the CD player 2 times because the CD's wouldn't come out, but other than that 3rd CD player seems to be working good, thanks to a warranty. Since this is a 1.8 ltr. it is not as powerful as the 2.0, but the gas milege is pretty good and the car feels soild and comfy.