2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Great Car for the Buck!
By Dwayne G. on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, great car so far and from all I've read (which is a lot) it should be for a long time. I have the 1.8L 4cyl which is the one I wanted because of the great fuel economy, but it could stand to be a little more peppy. With the rear spoiler, fog lights and alloy rims package, which I got, this car looks really good for a sedan, kind of like a small Maxima. The Stereo/CD system sounds great.

Nissan Sentra 2003 GXE
By epjohnso on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've put 9000 miles so far in the first 3 months(expected). I have one problem where the engine idled rough, and was hard to start, and the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. I scheduled an appoint to take to dealer, but the light went off by the time I did, and service dept. didn't find a problem - been fine since then. I bought this car for the fuel economy. The sticker had 29Cty and 35Hiwy, but only 31.5 to 32 MPG. However, it has increased steadily from 28 to now at 32.+. Maybe by 6 months I might hit the 34-35 mpg range? Overall, it appears to be a solid, well built little car.

Love my Sentra
By RBW on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car since late December. I have a little over 5,000 miles as of late April. I have had NO problems what so ever. My mileage has varied between 30 and 39. I commute 39 miles a day each way. Most of my miles are freeway miles with few hills. I'm a big guy, 6'3" 230lbs. The car is comfortable. I got the synergy package. It's an incredible value. I also test drove a Toyota Corolla and a Mazda Protege. I liked those cars too. But, I got more car for the money with the Sentra. PS: It is a fun car to drive.

Love my Sentra
By rbw on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Take it for a test drive.
By T-Bone on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Nissan Sentra LE compares quite favorably to ever other car I test drove (Protege, Civic, Corolla, Elantra, Jetta). The 165 HP engine is at the top of the class and is mated very well with the automatic transmission. Handling is relatively tight - though perhaps not as tight as the Protege. Interior velour cloth is a nice touch and the stereo stystem is truly wonderful (180 watt with 7 speakers). I bought this car on the last day of March as incentives were to expire (they may well have come back by the time you read this).

It's alright for the price
By Spiel on 03/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Recall for faulty rims.No other prob.Accel ok for 126hp after broken in. Good mileage. Ride/noise ok when tank full. Instrument average, funct, nothing fancy.Corolla/Civic/VW better. Room ok when seats back. Seats short but comfortable, even on long drives.Trunk space ok.After ~10,000 miles,minor rattling from glove compartment and door.Stereo ok.Brakes BAD!Skidded many times,esp when raining.Get ABS option! Steering/handling good;steering wheel stiff.Cheap rubber/"duct tape" seals on door;tape peeling already.Inconsistent accelerator pedal from complete stop;makes me nervous. Design/styling "old lady." Can't accessorize.

So far so good
By scott_c on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a Sentra in the past and absolutely loved it. This one is much spunkier. Have had zero problems with it, but I have begun to hear a tiny squeak over rough roads.

Somewhat tame SE-R
By mossimo on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

There's no doubt about it, the SE-R is a supercool car. There is another option though. I have a medical condition (head injury) which makes it very hard to drive a standard. The same condition also makes me want a car with the latest safety features. The LE comes with AT, ABS, and side air bags standard. The SE-R was impossible to find with this combination, at least for me. However, the LE comes with the same 2.5 liter engine as the SE-R. It provides the same grin inducing forward motivation as the near legendary SE-R. The LE is great for driving around town with its abundant low end torque.

Sentra GXE 2003
By Yves Boisvert on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Up to date, my experience is wonderful, before I bought this car I had a road test with the Hyundai Elentra VE but even if the performance are better with the Elentra, the interior is too much better in the Sentra. I bought the luxury package that game me the 15" mag wheels, in dash compartment and 180 audio system + more... and I appreciate it. The look of the car is impressive ( vibrant blue ) and interior look is just perfect. For fuel economy, i can't really express my self, i'm little disapointed cause it is too much for now, buy I have only 2500 miles done yet. My m/gal will improve soon i'm sure of that i'm not worry.

Limited Edition is a great deal now!
By happymister on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Hi, I disagree with the editors review that the Limited Edition is too expensive and folks should go for the Altima instead. Comparing the feature sets available with the Altima 2.5S and the Sentra Limited Edition, both come with same engines, but Sentra has better features.. in safety, audio systems as well as comfort features. and while the Altima is difficult to obtain at Invoice - $19.7k, I got the Limited Edition for $14.2k (Invoice-1% - $1000 cashback -$500 New Graduate discount + 0.9% financing..) thats a cool $5k less than the equivalent Altima. and doesn't justify my opting for an Altima since i don't need a larger car.