2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (95 reviews )
Better than an SUV or ordinary Compact
By MARCUS on 04/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

An exceptional car for the price. Gives you a real sports car feel. The 175 horse engine and 6 speed stick really move. The 17" performance tires and sports suspension hug the road like a tight leather glove. The interior is functional and user friendly and is enhanced by the Rockford Fosgate stereo. Bottom line - The Toyota Corolla is "cute", and the average SUV is so big you feel like you're sitting in your living room. This car ROCKS and makes you appreciate driving again.

Lots o'fun
By poogman on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Got my Spec V 10 days ago and am very happy with it so far. Still in break- in period so I haven't been on the gas too much, but even still it's strong up to the 4k rpm break-in limit. The best part is the shortage of them on the roads. There's millions of Civics out there, and it's a nice car, but not many SE-Rs. From what I hear, the Matrix/Vibe needs to hit 6k rpm before the alternate valve timing kicks in. Glad that's not the case on the SE-R. A Sentra is a compact car, so don't expect to comfortably fit a family of four in it, but for a daily single/double occupant driving, it's hard to top.

Buck Bangin' Silver Bullet
By Spec Vicious on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

ABS/Side Air Bags, Audio Fanatic, Sunroof packages. I'm already surprised at neck snapping performance. I haven't experienced the torque steer problems yet, but I'm driving conservatively during break in. Stock Contis have me worried for wet weather, so I'm already planning to replace them. Rockford Fosgate system sounds better than BOSE in Mercedes and Volvo for rock, jazz and classical. Shifter feels precise but clutch pedal travel is a little long. Brakes feel great and stop with authority. Instrument cover is cloudy with inside smudges. Ride is firm but not uncomfortable, a great compromise.

Spec V - it does a body good!
By donman on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I wanted to replace my 2001 Z24. This car was everything I wanted, plus I get a huge Nissan supplier discount (got it for just over $15k) so there was no competition in this class. Plenty of power, nice seats, GREAT suspension, yummy exhaust sound. The base stereo is adequate, but I wish they had one with the upgrade on the lot. The six-speed shifts nicely all the way up until you go for sixth gear. The limited-slip differential can catch you by surprise if you haven't experienced one before.

reliability
By ginubrian on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Realibilty on this car is extremely questionable. I am not alone either...try checking the spec v forums.

Spec-V-iagra
By dentremonkey on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

If it wasn't for the fact that I managed to get myself smacked with $400 for what amounts to an economy car, I'd be much happier. But I literally sold the car to myself so I shouldn't complain. This car's closest competition costs $5000 or so more (RSX type-S, Cooper-S.) I LOVE flying past Honda kids as they're getting pulled over by Johnny Law. That's until I got pulled over myself - doing 92 in a 50. Other than the temptation of impending traffic violations, this car is a fun, well built and thrifty little beast.

Handling & Acceleration for Less
By tjsmithiii on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I got my fully loaded (sunroof, audio, abs, mats, & microfilter) '03 Spec-V a week ago and have no doubt that I made the right decision. Paid $18,064 /w $500 cash back at 1.9% APR. Acceleration and handling are fantastic, as well as the look /w the mesh grills and 17" wheels. Seats are comfortable yet supportive. Fosgate stero is incredible. Overall a great choice.

Something to Consider (update)
By VSpec_Silver2 on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

For V-Spec owners: Although the Sentra should be inexpensive to maintain (econosport car), there are some hidden costs which are shocking. I recently hit a pothole with my right front tire at about 45mph. The rim was severly bent as a result. Since you may not be aware, Nissan charges $580 for ONLY THE WHEEL! The tire is another $140! So the Sentra, on its face seems like a bargain but hidden costs can get you. Needless to say I ordered 4 aftermarket wheels/tires from www.tirerack.com for $1150 instead of paying $720 for ONE Nissan wheel/tire. If you don't believe this, call your local dealership for a price quote on a new Spec-V wheel.

03 sentra spec v
By ggskivt on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

When looking for a new car I was trying to find a small car that I could find fun to drive and at the same time keep the sports car feel. At Nissan world of red bank the staff was great and showed concern for all my needs. I bought the spec-v model of the car and love to drive it.

Watch out!
By Stephan625 on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had the car for 5 months and it has developed a condensation problem in the fuel system causing the car to stall. Nissan has yet to do anything about it. I also had a 2002 Mustang GT and needed a four door car and my mustang with mods pushing the car to over 300hp was better in the snow and rain.