2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
a GREAT car!
By mfisher150 on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

loved the Nissan more than my VW convertible! And that's saying a LOT!

my first car...and i'm glad i bought it!
By jar29 on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

one car mag review described the se-r as "you never forget it's a little car with a big engine", and i have to agree. i've gotten some positive comments on it's appearance (i purchased mine in black). fuel economy isn't as good as the models with the smaller engine (i'd say it gets about the same MPG as the base model altima). no problems so far(except two factory recalls). the back seat could be a little roomier, but aside from that, it does perform well for it's size and class.

2003 Sentra GXE
By steve01 on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great little starter car. I purchased it with the synergy package that included power options (windows, steering, etc) along with fog lights and a rear spoiler. One annoying thing concerns the gas cap. If it is not put on tight, the "service engine soon" light comes on and takes days to reset unless you take it in to get evaluated and reset at the dealer. Air conditioner is a bit on the weak side also. Overall, I have been very pleased with the car!

SE-REVS
By Eightyateseven on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used at 19000 miles and its at 24,000. I love the car, its fun to drive and it sets you apart from the civic crowd.

it'll do
By 1fastpizzaboy on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car back to the dealership for a minor problem (water leak in the trunk) the car has been very reliable and has never let me down under some hard driving situations. great errand car!

No Cruise Control!
By bapper64 on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car, sight unseen, after a recommendation from a friend who had it thoroughly checked out. Not at all disappointed except for one thing. I have the GXE model and there is one thing that really bugs me - there isn't cruise control. This car is loaded for the price has power everything else including keyless entry. I'm not sure why cruise control isn't a standard feature since it ranks pretty low on the ladder of options. Overall, I'm very happy with it and would recommend this car to anyone who wants reliable and reasonable transportation.

For the price, y not
By jjcc on 02/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

i got this car in jan 2003 simply out of necessity. i had a 93 altima that was giving more problems as each day passes. budget was a concern so the cheapest, reliable vehicle was what i was looking for, looked at other sedans like civic and corrola but we stopped in nissan first and got a convinng salesman so we got it. pick up is slow, bumper sags, my nissan dealership likes to rip people off so i will not buy a nissan anytime soon.

My review
By MandMsn on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My Nissan Sentra Spec-v has to be the funest car that i have ever driven and is also really relaible. The 6 speed transmission is really easy to shift and the clutch isnt to stiff or to soft it is just right.

Great So Far...
By G&G on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We are leasing a 5-speed, and have been very pleased so far. About 24,000 km to date, mostly highway commuting to work. No major repairs required to date. Controls are easy to find and operate, split seats in back make it easy to "borrow" more trunk space when we need it, great storage space inside. We test drove the Mazda, Honda and Saturn in the same category and feel we are getting more car for the money.

nice but fragile
By JMSFred on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

After I had put 1500 miles on my Spec V both the airconditioner and cruise control failed to work. They were both fixed under warranty.