Used 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (95 reviews )

Could have been better...
By Chad

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new and had lots of problems within the first three years of ownership. The SE-R has a lot of issues that were never properly recalled such as a faulty pre-cat, poor MAF sensor, wheel hop, exterior paint, and a few other things. Had my engine replaced under warranty at 30,000 miles due to screws breaking off my intake runners and blowing up my engine. A simple locktighting of the screws would fix that issue. Aftermarket modification like motor mount inserts and header will get rid of some of the mechanical problems. Also, the plastic undercarriage pieces will gradually fall out. After dealing with those issues the car has gone strong the past 3 years

Looks much better than the newer Sentras, strong engine minus all the bugs, 6-speed, easy to mod, good on gas.

Stock Conti tires stink, paint isn't the best, RF sound system not good, early engine issues, not the best quality

SE-R Spec V
By tyo789

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I just bought my Spec V two months ago. It was a good choice. I was actually looking at the eclipse or tiburon as my other choices. The Spec V just stood out to me. The car runs pretty good except for I need to get new brake rotors because the front ones are bent. I guess the last owner was driving the car recklessly. Other than that the car is in perfect shape.

I like the front end of the car, because it looks a lot like the front end on the skyline.

Nissan needs to bring out a turbocharged version of this car. The Spec V doesnt get the respect it deserves.

Love my Spec
By logan

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2003 Spec V for about a year now and absolutely love it! I was fortunate enough to purchase the car with a nismo short shifter and nismo rear sway bar. Handling on the car is second to none. I love the power it has, which is great for a four cylinder. It's also a great "sleeper" car. I have yet to lose a race (no, I don't race evos and stis). My point being it's a blast to drive and fun to drive hard. I have not had any problems with the car (I've put 20,000 mi on the car and it has 65,000) and hope to keep it for a long time.

6 speed, really like the front end, faster than it looks and an overall blast to drive. Now has a good aftermarket selection.

Higher redline (I know the 07 does, but I think it's ugly) a bit quieter, but no real complants.

Surprising to drive!
By Kei_Calibur

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Ever since I first drove this car for the test drive, I've loved it. I like to drive fast and to be able to get around town when I need to, and this car is more than suitable for it. With plenty of power throughout the majority of the RPM's, it will not let you down. For tuner's out there, it has a good aftermarket backing. To other's, it comes with just about everything you will need. I'm having a hard time wanting to replace the stock sound system. In fact, the only thing I would want to replace is the factory header due to the precat restricting the powerband. With the sound package, sunroof, 6-speed transaxle and the 17" rims, you really can't beat this car for the price.

Plenty of HP and torque. 17" rims with sticky tires. Chirps 2nd gear anytime I want. Sub 15 in the 1/4 mile for stock times. Helical limited slip. Very nice sound system. Seats hold you in place.

Back end styling is really not my thing but it works and I can live with it. Nissan paint is HORRIBLE. My biggest complaint is the paint. Some components can be made a little better but this is nit-picky. Independent rear suspension would also be better.

Think Twice
By cal

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in 2003 (model year) and I have had alot of problems with this vehicle. the throw out bearing was bad as was the rear main seal, the cd player is scratching my cd's and the left side speakers of the car don't work, due to the cd deck.can't wait to get rid of it!

acceleration isn't bad

build everything around the engine with a higher standard of quality

• SUV