2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Good car so far, but some problems
By Jeremy the Bear on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in October 2002. I had a 1992 Honda Accord that I bought in 2000, but put $6,000 worth of repairs into. I have heard good things about Nissans so I thought I'd buy one.

One Bad Box
By SERookie on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The first time my friend showed me a photo of the SE-R I was so turned off by the fact that it looked like every other Sentra. Then I drove one. This car is absolutely the best thing out there for under $18k. The ride is silky smooth once you get past 2nd (a little bit of torque steer in 1st and 2nd due to power). I feel in love once the dealer told me the monthly payment, and the driving just gets better and better.0

Mr Bud Green
By Bud Green on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Looked at the Toyota Echo, Honda Civic, Ford Focus. I think the Nissan Sentra was the best I drove of the 3 Cars. Nice to handle and a little more plush then the other 3 and very comfortable. Nice job Nissan!

Best Bang for the Buck
By Rory Bellows on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The Spec-V sets the standard that Honda Civic Si hasn't followed. Design - sleeker; performance - more HP; handling - tighter; price - cheaper. Why would anybody even buy a Honda Civic. And the only minor issue was torque steer which I understand has been rectified on the 2003 model. I wouldn't trade my Spec for 10 Civic Si's.

What a ride
By automonogamist on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I drove a 92 SE-r for 10 years and upgraded to the Spec V earlier this year. What a car for the money. Styling is on par with anything out there within 10 grand. I am biased, but you can't beat this one in black.

Excellent Value
By It's Great on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2.5 Limited Edition one month ago. The major selling point for me was the engine. It only takes 1/2 throttle to merge into freeway traffic. It is really great to know that the car will respond immediately when you want to accelerate, even when it's competition won't (even in the 40- 45 mph where most cars take some time to really get going. I have had no problems (so far) and am very pleased. Do yourself a favor and test drive one before you buy any other car in the same class/type.

2003 SE-R Spec V
By bnewton_xp on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great car! I love everything about this car. I have about 400miles on it so far - I have nothing but good things to say about this car.... bnewton

I love this car!
By poichky on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 1.5 months and I absolutely love it! It is comfortable, smooth, and looks great with the 5 star rims and fog lamps, and the tints I added. This car looks and runs great, and I am VERY happy with my purchase!

What a way to learn to drive a stick!
By FreeThinkerNJ on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I recently learned to drive a manual transmission due to my new job at Flemington Nissan. I learned on the Spec V and loved it so much, I bought one! The car handles incredibly well. Acceleration is very good and the ride is sporty. Having 6 speeds is nice for all the highway driving I do on my commute.

overall good car
By jay123456 on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

the spec-v has a lot of power for its class. six-speed is awesome, but a little jumpy. i have been driving stick for years and was hoping the transmission was a little bit smoother on this new car. i have continental contisport tires on from the dealer, they have been rated bad for wet roads, but so far have held up well in rainy conditions. suspension is really tight. overall the car is excellent for its class and value. very sporty looking and at the same time very practical and gets pretty good gas mileage.