Used 2003 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

fast Spec v
By suave0007

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Spec v in Jan. of 2003 that is the best car I have ever owned. The speed the car has is great. It's a quick car and good on gas. Just the wheels are very weak.

Favorite Features

Six speed transmission and big a big horsepower.

Suggested Improvements

Make stonger wheels

I love it!
By waynoka

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in April, and I've loved every minute of it. Had already tested Mazdaspeed, Eclipse GT, Celica GT-S, Subaru WRX. Found this one more fun to drive than Mits or Toyota. WRX was really nice, but pricey. Mazda was closest, but the dealership sucked (Dobbs in Memphis). This car has great power in all gears, looks flashy in yellow, won't be confused with other Sentras, and is a joy to drive. Great craftsmanship, materials are very sturdy, everything feels very tight. I skipped the fosgate stereo. Also avoid the stripes down the sides, definitely don't pay for them. Floor mats look great but aren't necessary.

Favorite Features

Pros: moonroof; six-speed is fun, SE-R knob; nice looking rims/wheels; aggressive grill; big torque; remote trunk opener; dash storage compartment; standard stereo is above average

Suggested Improvements

Cons: red on black gauges are very difficult to see... you can't tell if you're speeding or not. Yellow attracts policemen; every chump with a Saturn wants to race. ok cupholders, a little tight. Range on remote is limited, you seem to have to be right in front of car.

Ziggy's GXE
By Ziggy's GXE

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Sentra and I went back and bought a second one for a reason. My first one '94' was the most reliable car I have every owned. I bought it used with 7000 miles drove it very hard and very often for 7 years. When totaled at 170000 miles it was a true loss. It started 'Every Time' and 'Anytime'. I have driven it as much as 16 hours straight and it was always ready for more. I have driven it in every weather condition and it had always performed very well.

Favorite Features

better styling than the 94 or earlier years and still had the dependability of my first one.

Suggested Improvements

??

AWESOME!!!
By pacer

THIS CAR ROCKS!!! ILOVE IT FAST AND FUN

Favorite Features

KICK BUT ENGINE AND A SIX SPEED

Suggested Improvements

ALL SEASON PERFORMANCE TIRE

Bang For Your Buck...
By MPMSpecV

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

purchased 12/31/02 for about $17,600. loaded less ABS and side airbags..base model is only $16.2K !! i've owned a 450+ hp NOS mustang and my specV isn't dissapointing when you campare apples to apples -- a compact sedan with 7 sec 0-60mph, 15.5 1/4 mile and razor sharp handling and 6 speed for $16-18K. remember, at these prices each $2K equates to 10% more. Don't even think about the neon srt4 - at least $20K IF you can find one!) The specV is pure value..nothing fancy inside or out to jack up the price, just above average performance with great price and quality -- certainly worthy of a test drive if you're shopping around.

Favorite Features

Price, Acceleration & Handling, 6- speed, awesome 17" rims, Quality, 4 doors and trunk space with pass thru.

Suggested Improvements

clearer tach & mph display, reach 60mph in 2nd gear before redline, redesigned rear end to match the great looking front end.