Used 2003 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
My First Foreign Car!
By bob@fagnant.com on 12/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I gave American auto dealers 30 years to get it right but American cars are actually worse today than ever- and Ford didn't even honor their own recall! Sound familiar? So I bought a Nissan! I have been surprised at the performance and when a Honda skid to a crash, I was steady on the road. I just got nicked on my left mirror by a guy going 60 miles an hour down a side street today (and the mirror is still solid) and this is only my 3rd week! Buy one, it's a great value for a foreign car and you only have one life!

Good all-around!!
By typo31 on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Good all-around vehicle..Performance is excellent for a naturally aspirated 4-banger....With such a rough-riding suspension, vehicle should handle better...Six speed might as well be a five speed seeing as how first gear is useless and sixth gear tachs around the same as most five speeds...It is still a blast to drive..

Good as they say...
By himura_kenshin on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was finally fed up with all of the reliablility and fit and finish issues with my 1999 Ford SVT Contour and was looking for a new vehicle. All of the reveiws said that the Sentra SE-R Spec V was an affordable and fun to drive car (including Edmunds)and I have to say that they were correct.

Very good commute car
By kangaroo on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for commute purpose. With Synergy Package. Worth the price.

Move over ION
By Paul42 on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I only have 100 miles but I LOVE this car. Quick off the line and very peppy. Smooth but tight suspension with very little body roll. I would have purchased another Saturn SL but the ION just totally missed the mark.

Wow!
By Brant Walker on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my Spec V for 2 weeks and came out of a 2002 Maxima SE 6 speed. Wow! the go-kart handling, powerful engine, precise steering, etc. The 6 speed is a world apart from the clunky 6 speed in the maxima. Nissan did their homework on this one. The ride tolerable on all but the worst of roads. What a fun time can be had with the relatively small price of this vehicle.

great little sports car!!!!
By thenebean9 on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i just bought this car a couple of weeks ago, and i cant stop driving it! it is so much fun to just drive around, and EVERYONE turns to look! (especially since my car is in sunburst yellow!) you dont see many spec-v's out on the road, and its nice if you want a car that will get people looking in your direction! it also drives like a little power house...quick starts, smooth shifting, i cant get enough of it!

Best Car under $20k!
By Eric the Driver on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Spec V for about 6 months now, and I love it. I push the car to its limits, and it keeps up with many cars much more expensive. Its fun to consistantly beat little hinda's, and acuras that have been hopped up.

First Time Nissan Buyer
By Tom Neston on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Nissan Sentra Was Going To Be A Cross Country Road Trip From New Jersey To California. Plus A Trip From New To Key West Florida. During The First 4 Months That I have owned The Nissan Sentra It has performed wonderfully, without any problems. I purchased It on June 29, 2002 And Today It Is November 28, 2002. The Auto has 25,000 Miles on it and the next trip will be to Seattle, Washington and Bownsville, Texas. Great Small Car.

Phat
By Sentra Spec V on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Love my baby.I like the interior and the exterior and especially the sound system!