Used 2003 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

2003 Sentra S-ER
By jay-c

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car. Other than the less than perfect transmission shift quality and bumpy ride mentioned below, there has not been much to complain about. Interior trim details, such as the HVAC controls seem a little cheap, but they work fine. Plus this car will smoke Civics at a stoplight.

Love the front end styling. Good amount of features for the money. Good performance.

Clunky transmission(5-speed). Rough ride. Hondas are more refined.

Your info is wrong!
By Dar

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Your info listed for this car is wron! There are many more options than you list. You have 'not available' listed for many things that are available! I have auto locks/windows/ mirrors, front interior map lights,vanity mirrors on both sides, abs brakes, split seats in the rear that fold down w/ acces to the trunk, alarm system that shuts the engine down if someone tries to steal it, cd player and other things. So, please list that these things are available. Thanks!

Compartments in dashboard, overhead and console to hold sunglasses, phone chargers, etc....

Heavier metal on doors to prevent dings!

Good Enough to Buy it Twice
By 03SpecV

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my second '03 Spec V yesterday. I had my first one for about 4 months and was rearended, and 2 weeks later before I got the damage fixed, a 16 yr old pulled out in front of me totalling the car. I put 7,000 miles on it in that short time. After shopping around again, I could not bring myself to buy the ugly 04 Spec (Nissan's design team shouldn't have messed with the front of the car). Even though I paid $1200 more than my first one, I still bought another (RF stereo included this time). I have all options on the new one except the "safety" package(ABS, side airbags) and still paid under $17500 including shipping costs.

Handling is excellent, and good torque available to accelerate without downshifts. Front end Skyline styling (Why did Nissan change this on the '04s????? - Now all Sentras look the same, from an XE to a Spec V!).

The 5th gear was difficult to find at first. Torque Steer has been an issue that everyone complains about. Rear end needs to be restyled.

hmm...
By dissapointed too.

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

nissan should much care about the interior quility and service dept. dash board got peeled off after 4months drive. service dept got replaced dashboard but it took 4days..huh..the worst is they'done really clumsy work..glues are all over the window..missing parts..gaps...

service quality and build quality..

Happy...but..
By jeff65

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a 2003 sentra gxe w/ road package on clearance. It is a nice car but I am questioning the integrity of the paint and interior components. It has been two weeks and nearly 1600 miles so far. On the first day the "coin draw" fell off and by the second week there have been some concerns with the paint quality. Overall t has been a fun car to drive with road package. It was my fall back car due to the deal I received ($11000). I test drove the jetta wagon mazda protege and lastly the Sentra. I actually wanted a wagon but fell in love with the smooth ride, tight clutch, and looks of the sentra.

cd player, rear fold down seats!!! 2 ac adaptors, sunglass holder, gas mileage.

better paint quality, sturdier interior components, and better speakers

• SUV