2003 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: 03 Spec V

2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

SE-R Spec V Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

03 Spec V
By JJF on

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Spec V for a few months now and I would say that it is an excellent vehicle. Handling is great the accl. is very aggressive and fun (for anything, especially a 4 cyl.) and the vehicle seems to be put together very well. You can even feel it when you open and close the doors. Limited slip is a great feature that is tough to find in vehicles within this price range. When the secondaries open up at 5000 rpm, you can really hear it, very nice sound. I really do like this car, and I have had several different sports cars and this one is the most well rounded vehicle that I have owned. This car is so fun to drive, you will love it go ahead, buy one!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the 6-spd, way more than average tourque for a 4(Great horse power too!), excellent handling and traction, and the limited slip. Also the 17" wheels on the Spec look very cool I don't think I would ever change them.

Suggested Improvements

The tourque steer is horrible on this car, but what can you expect from a front wheel drive with good power right? And as stated in several other reviews, the gas mileage is not so pretty. When you get on the vehicle (which I do more than I should) it can really eat down the gas.