2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
This Car Stinks
By xoOMGox on 10/31/09 09:06 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

All we've had was problems with it the engine is terrible has no good features the head gasket blew at around 60,000 miles and all we've had to do was put extra money out for the car it's a piece of trash and nissan's customer service is terrible to they don't care about there customers at all i recommend don't get this car or any Nissan at all just avoid them at all costs just a month ago we were in an accident with it and i have to say it lasted pretty well but the airbags never went off so it could have been deadly it's not a safe car and takes more money to take care of it and fix it then it actually costs and also when we bought it used it was in a huge hailstorm no one told us

Very Nice
By James on 06/26/05 16:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in April, 2003 and it has 26,000 now. I had 0 problems and never had to go to the dealer except for the ECM recall. I highly recommend this car. I usually get 26MPG+. Not bad for a fast car!

2003 Sentra
By Danamo on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Sentra for only 4 months now, but so far like it very much. I owned a Stanza previously for 17 years and that car was worth every penny. I am hoping that this one will carry on the tradition of dependability and quality build.

Best compact car for the money
By awesome! on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was shopping for my first car and was looking for Corolla, Civic, Focus, Elantra GT, etc. I bought a 2003 Sentra LE for $14,200 and out the door price was $14,600. Corolla CE basic model with manual windows was invoiced at $14,000! I just passed 1,200 miles break-in period and I'm very satisfied with this car. This is a car you want to buy if you want a economical compact car and this car is fun to drive.

The most features in its class
By CarDude on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I absolutely love the features provided with this vehicle (165 hp/ABS/Side Air Bag/4 wheel disc brakes/alloy rims/audio package/cruise control on steering/...) the most in its class. The car is very quick with good low-end torque. Took a while to get used to steering wheel stiffness; wish it was stiffer at higher speeds. Good interior design (I disagree with many car reviews). If the car hood had more character then the exterior design with the tail fin is better than the competition's. I wish this car had the SE-R sports-tuned suspension. Major complaints: uncomfortable seats, too much noise entering the vehicle at highway speeds.

Take it for a test drive.
By T-Bone on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Nissan Sentra LE compares quite favorably to ever other car I test drove (Protege, Civic, Corolla, Elantra, Jetta). The 165 HP engine is at the top of the class and is mated very well with the automatic transmission. Handling is relatively tight - though perhaps not as tight as the Protege. Interior velour cloth is a nice touch and the stereo stystem is truly wonderful (180 watt with 7 speakers). I bought this car on the last day of March as incentives were to expire (they may well have come back by the time you read this).

Somewhat tame SE-R
By mossimo on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

There's no doubt about it, the SE-R is a supercool car. There is another option though. I have a medical condition (head injury) which makes it very hard to drive a standard. The same condition also makes me want a car with the latest safety features. The LE comes with AT, ABS, and side air bags standard. The SE-R was impossible to find with this combination, at least for me. However, the LE comes with the same 2.5 liter engine as the SE-R. It provides the same grin inducing forward motivation as the near legendary SE-R. The LE is great for driving around town with its abundant low end torque.

Limited Edition is a great deal now!
By happymister on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Hi, I disagree with the editors review that the Limited Edition is too expensive and folks should go for the Altima instead. Comparing the feature sets available with the Altima 2.5S and the Sentra Limited Edition, both come with same engines, but Sentra has better features.. in safety, audio systems as well as comfort features. and while the Altima is difficult to obtain at Invoice - $19.7k, I got the Limited Edition for $14.2k (Invoice-1% - $1000 cashback -$500 New Graduate discount + 0.9% financing..) thats a cool $5k less than the equivalent Altima. and doesn't justify my opting for an Altima since i don't need a larger car.

Performance for a gimp
By mshimek on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the SE-R and SE-R Spec-V but a medical condition both prevents me from driving standard and requires safety features not available on most (affordable) cars. The 2.5LE comes standard with an AT and all the safety features I can shake a stick at. The big diference between the 2.5LE and the SE-Rs is the suspension. In my case, I won't be powering out corners but the beefy four definitely puts a smile on my face. Enthusiasts beware! It definitely leans more toward a luxurious (and quiet) ride than a connected to the road feel.

2003 2.5LE Sentra
By nissanbuyer on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra Sedan 2.5 Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a limited edition sentra in oct 2002.Overall, I am pleased with the performance of the car- good acceleration, and for the price there is no other car in its class that can compete with all the features that this model provides (ABS/side airbags/165hp, etc) I am upset however because no more than a month after I had the car, I discovered that I had a pin-size hole leak in one of the lower radiator tubes. I am surprised at this and did not really anticipate experiencing this type of problem from a company such as nissan. However, all in all the car is a good buy for commuting.