2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Why Pay More?
By NissanGuy on 02/09/07 07:52 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car as a daily driver after wrecking my first 300ZX (I have another one now in the garage). Was very pleasantly surprised by the strong performance, and good interior room. I love Nissans - I think you consistently get more for your money than with Toyota or Honda. I wanted an auto for DC area driving conditions, so a Spec-V was out of the question, but the SE-R has performed just fine. I think the car is nimble and generally handles well in all weather conditions, but I agree that the OEM Firehawk tires need help. My main complaint is the same as most others - the interior is cheap looking and feeling. In sum, you get a lot more go for your $ with the SE-R vs the others.

2 years down the road
By Daytona on 07/22/05 09:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I've had this car now for 2.5 years now so I think I know it pretty well. First, second and third gear rubber, not bad. Torque steer can get very bad and out of control. Looks are excellent. Reverse lockout is very poor. Hitting reverse while shifting to 6th gear is possible with little effort (I've done it several times). Front seats are poor design. Put something flat on it and it ends up in the back on the floor. Turning radius is also poor, Fuel average for city is 20 mpg. I have the black one, paint quality is poor but looks great. Nicks or scratches with little effort. Still, I like this car. Sound system is fine, for me anyway. This car will hold a tight turn like no other.

Well Satisfied
By Grumpyman on 12/07/04 21:10 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little car! I did a lot of research when looking for a new car and the SE-R seemed to be the best value. I haven't been disappointed! This is a great car for the price range and a lot of fun to drive.

my first car...and i'm glad i bought it!
By jar29 on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

one car mag review described the se-r as "you never forget it's a little car with a big engine", and i have to agree. i've gotten some positive comments on it's appearance (i purchased mine in black). fuel economy isn't as good as the models with the smaller engine (i'd say it gets about the same MPG as the base model altima). no problems so far(except two factory recalls). the back seat could be a little roomier, but aside from that, it does perform well for it's size and class.

SE-REVS
By Eightyateseven on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used at 19000 miles and its at 24,000. I love the car, its fun to drive and it sets you apart from the civic crowd.

SE-Rprised!!
By Wetzel's Pretzels on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a Torque monster! It blows away my turbo VW. The suspension is very tight with minimal body roll. Initial quality was great. I was very surprised how much power the car had after I broke it in. The gear ratios are perfect for the elastic 2.5l and the brakes are superb. Keep an eye on the TACH because 6,000 comes up quick!!!

Fix the AC system!
By Henrygrc on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My complaint is the A/C system. When "defrost" is selcted the A/C compressor starts working as it should with the A/C switch off. However when I switch the Mode Control Knob back to the dash wents, the A/C ramains on(with the A/C switch off),the compressor keeps cycling and it is impossible to turn it off unless the vehicle is restarted. Nissan issued a service bulletin HA03-002 NTSB03-065 advising that this is a "normal" condition. How is it normal when you have to stop and restart you car in order to turn your A/C off? Looks like not too many people noticed this and Nissan wont issue a recall unless there is more complaints

Spec V
By KDAL523 on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

great car for the money, torque is the best part of the car

#1 sports car under $20,000
By Royal Mist on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

One word to discribe this car: awesome! I was looking to buy a new car, and was considering the following: RSX, Celica, SE-R, Eclipse. SE-R has the best Aggressive exterior looks, BEST performance of 165hp/175lb torque ! 4 dr acaully saved about $500 on insurance. I'm glad I brought the LAST new 03 SE-R model in all the dealers of my area, beause the 04 model is just BUTT UGLY. took me a few days to find this one (black) I wanted to get a Spec- V but it was $5000 more and the car was missing parts, it was also the last brand new one in the all of the dealers in my area.

2003 Sentra S-ER
By jay-c on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really like this car. Other than the less than perfect transmission shift quality and bumpy ride mentioned below, there has not been much to complain about. Interior trim details, such as the HVAC controls seem a little cheap, but they work fine. Plus this car will smoke Civics at a stoplight.