2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
People need to take better care of cars
By thunder on 06/15/09 23:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car it only had 55,000 miles on it. Now 2 years later it has 78,000 miles. I only had to change some wear and tear parts. With Nissan Sentra, like any other car, if you don't keep up on the maintenance the car won't perform or run properly. Little problems turn to bigger problems. If you keep having head gasket problems let up and quit horsing the damn car, and if you are having radio problems keep the volume down or get a hearing aid. Factory radios can only take so much power on any car not only Nissan.

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE
By jim dimacher on 09/11/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought an 03 Sentra for my daughter's graduation and would never consider buying a Nissan product again. Head gasket went after 70k and warranty had just run out. Nissan wouldn't listen to our complaints and told us we were on our own. It was extremely tough to get through to any customer service people and when I did they never followed up with us. They don't back up their product and their customer service is terrible. At one point the car just stopped in the middle of an intersection and after a few hundred dollars of diagnostics it was a $3 ignition fuse that was the problem. The dealership I purchased it from was great and the service mgr was very helpful but Nissan is out forever.

I will never ever own a Nissan again!
By Vickie on 07/18/08 13:15 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2003 as a graduation present to myself, little did I know what a piece of crap I bought. I'm not joking when I say my CD player broke about once a month. Something went wrong with my electrical system and my lights would randomly turn off. Just about any replacement parts have to be bought from Nissan (rip off). After my radiator and my head gasket went at 60,000 I got rid of this car. I couldn't afford to keep up with all of the repairs and of course Nissan kept trying to turn everything around on me even when my car was under warranty! I traded this piece of crap in for a Toyota Matrix and 3 years later I'm still happy I did so! I swear I will never buy a Nissan again

Nice car
By Jermonte on 06/09/07 19:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable car, bought it with 44000 miles on it and have never had a major mechanical problem, now has almost 73000 miles on it!

OK, but not great in bad weather
By Aravis on 11/09/06 12:19 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for 4 years now. The engine seems kind of thrashy... doesn't shift smoothly. This car is HORRIBLE in any weather other than bone dry. I even put really nice all season Michelin tires on it and I hydroplane on everything from snow to rain to leaves, even going slow. It's a great first car, but I don't feel safe in it

great car
By mike on 05/12/06 13:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car to own, low on initial pickup but flies on the highway. Very quiet and stable at high speeds. It's like driving a high-end sports car, also great in the snow and very good mileage, 28 in the city, 35+ highway.

As predicted the brakes failed after 14k
By Terry on 07/28/05 10:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I read reviews before i bought the car and many comments said the brakes would go after only 15. I mentioned it to the dealer and they discounted it to poor driving habits. sure enough, at 14,800kms the front brakes and rotors had to be replaced. they would not cover the replacement as i didn't get my regular maintenance done there. the service absoulutely sucks. you wonder why i didn't get my maintenance there. my first and only maintenance was to get an oil change and winter studded tires removed. when they placed the tires in the car they scratched my car and refused to admit it. When purchasing a Sentra insist in writing that they would cover a brake job if they fail after <20k.

Good
By Michael Flatto on 12/20/04 17:46 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

During winter, the heat takes a long time to warm up. It takes a while to accelerate onto freeways. Otherwise, it's a great car!

GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
By Gonzo24 on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have no complaints with this vehicle. I traveled across country in it going an average of 65mph (following a moving truck) with the AC on and got over 40mpg. Doesn't handle well in the snow or on ice, but has been a terrific little car. Not much leg room in the rear, but fairly comfortable in front.

a GREAT car!
By mfisher150 on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

loved the Nissan more than my VW convertible! And that's saying a LOT!