2003 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Good car so far knock on wood
By mommastash on 01/06/07 11:59 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Car had an o ring leak at one month of age. At 6 months of age head gasket went leaked anti freeze on belt, Dealership replace head gasket but refuse to replace belt that still from this day squeals cause of glazing. Paint is chipped on bottom of doors due to stones and road salt. Car interior seats stain badly. Car flooded in cold weather just from moving car off driveway onto side of road. Handles great on turns and awesome braking. Great on gas. Small interior for leg room not meant for a family car. handles okay on icy roads.

Sentra quality down
By Michael on 03/11/05 12:14 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This engine was leaking antifreeze in the engine. We needed a new headgasket.It was covered under warranty but we had to fight to get the Nissan dealer to fix it. The engine has suffered damage from the coolant leak. It takes longer than usual to start. Also during an oil change, the dealer tech noticed we were losing alot of oil through the crankshaft oil seal. also replaced during warranty. This with a car with only 18k miles at the time. I would avoid this car with the 1.8 L engine. I've talked with others who own this car/engine. they had the same problems! Sentras are made in Mexico. buyer beware.

Good One
By sbjtn on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good tight feel. Great for teenagers.

it'll do
By 1fastpizzaboy on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the car back to the dealership for a minor problem (water leak in the trunk) the car has been very reliable and has never let me down under some hard driving situations. great errand car!

So far so good
By scott_c on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a Sentra in the past and absolutely loved it. This one is much spunkier. Have had zero problems with it, but I have begun to hear a tiny squeak over rough roads.

Terrific!
By Donne on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

What a great car! Can't go wrong with this baby!Much better than others in the same class, yet value priced!