2002 Nissan Sentra 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - When I can drive it,

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

SE-R Spec V Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

When I can drive it, it's great
By SentraDriver on

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my Nissan Sentra Spec-V on July 16, 2002. It has been a pleasure to drive … ample power, handles great, stylish, fun to drive. Love the six speed stick, the interior is very cool and it is the best car in its class for the money. However, it only has 318 miles on it and it has been to the service department 2 times already! Currently it is in the shop to repair the clutch noise and because the engine is knocking. Sounds like a diesel truck when I start and turn off the car. Other complaints – gear shift takes some getting used to (a little stiff and plasticy) and the rear end styling could use a touch up to match the ultra- hip front.

Favorite Features

Front end styling, comfortable seats, six speed, power, handling, leather stearing wheel with red stiching, high performance tires & gorgeous rims, all the bells and whistles -- for the amazing low price!

Suggested Improvements

Re-do the rear end styling. It has NOT been reliable AT ALL thus far. Turning radius is poor. Shifter could be smoother.