2002 Nissan Sentra Consumer Review: maybe for a bit, but not for l

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Review

GXE Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

maybe for a bit, but not for long
By goofball76 on

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have always liked this car, not for it's exterior looks, but for the interior design, the comfort of the drivers seat, and all the cool little features that come along with the car. I have never liked the dorky way the car looks. Of course, I am used to mid-sized coupes and big trucks. But it holds its own, for sure. When called upon, the 126 horses wake up and pull the car forward with a surprising aggression. Great for highway driving. I don't like the way the plastic interior scratches so easily, and the door mouldings tend to fall off if you look at them funny. Build quality is poor, as far as I am concerned.

Favorite Features

The best feature of this silly car is the remote trunk release. I can't stop...pushing..the...button! The CD system is good, and I really do like the interior looks of this car. Everything seems to fit together nicely.

Suggested Improvements

A company that builds the amazing 350Z, the stellar maxima, and even the beautiful altima, should be able to assemble something better than the sentra, one would hope. I mean, just because it's an entry level car, does not mean they need to build it like one.