Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Great Car!
By cobb_cruiser

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several Nissan vehicles (Maxima, 2 Sentra's) and love them. They are definitely built to last long miles. The only problem with my current Sentra is with a clutch plate. I have had it replaced once (under warranty), and it has gone bad again. I need to take it in to the dealer again for repair.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage! Also love the maneuverability.

Nissian Sentra
By Michaelchops

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great car for one person. or maybee two. I took it on a 3000 mile trip and it was fine. I also took for friends on a weekend trip for 600 miles and it was a bit small. Great car.

maybe for a bit, but not for long
By goofball76

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have always liked this car, not for it's exterior looks, but for the interior design, the comfort of the drivers seat, and all the cool little features that come along with the car. I have never liked the dorky way the car looks. Of course, I am used to mid-sized coupes and big trucks. But it holds its own, for sure. When called upon, the 126 horses wake up and pull the car forward with a surprising aggression. Great for highway driving. I don't like the way the plastic interior scratches so easily, and the door mouldings tend to fall off if you look at them funny. Build quality is poor, as far as I am concerned.

Favorite Features

The best feature of this silly car is the remote trunk release. I can't stop...pushing..the...button! The CD system is good, and I really do like the interior looks of this car. Everything seems to fit together nicely.

Suggested Improvements

A company that builds the amazing 350Z, the stellar maxima, and even the beautiful altima, should be able to assemble something better than the sentra, one would hope. I mean, just because it's an entry level car, does not mean they need to build it like one.

THIS CAR BLOWS
By sigmanu

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I HATE THIS CAR NOT ONLY IS IT POORLY MADE BUT IT TAKES THE DEALERSHIP WAY TO LONG TO FIX THE PROBLEMS I HAVE HAD WITH IT MAKE IT MORE RELIABLE AND BUILT IT TO LAST 2 MONTHS AFTER DRIVING THE CAR OF THE LOT THE AC NO LONGER WORKED AND IT TOOK ME 4 TRIPS TOT HE DEALER AND 3 MONTHS AND THREATS OF A LAW SUIT TO GET IT FIXED. AT THE SAME TIME THAT THE AC BROKE THE SHIFT KNOW CAME OFF AND HAS NOT BEEN REPLACED

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

MAKE IT MORW RELIABLE AND BUILT IT TO LAST

First and last Nissan
By Racheal

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My sentra was my first car and I was at first excited because I had limited means and the Sentra is an affordable car. I have had the car for nearly two cars and have had to replace the transmission take it for at least two recalls. They replaced the transmission because it had a piece of metal in it and yet I still hear grinding noises when I accelerate. BEWARE