2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V - Consumer Reviews

SE-R Spec V 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (93 reviews )
2002 Spec-v
By Red_Spec-v on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

The new spec-v The only extremely bad point which makes me wish i didn`t buy the car My car has now 4965 miles on it and i and many other owners have numerouse paint chips on the front of our cars and even the roof nissan refuses to repaint the hood blaming the consumer for it`s poor paint quality , my car in peticular has bad paint a very well resoected autobody shop has tried to get a consistent reading on paint thickness and can find none so if you don`t mind your cars front,sides,roof having no paint \, however with the poor paint the car will have no resale value in my oppinion don`t buy the car i`m planning on selling mine

Perfect Sport 4-door sedan
By Prospect on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Since I brought it I had nothing 2 complain bout' it's fast 4-door sedan, When do see a car that doesn't really needs to hook up with 17in. rims 7 speakers and subwoofer momo sport like seats and fancy shifter and red lightin', great on gas. If U R considerin' 2 buy a sprot sedan u should think that it would beat tha prices of, Mazda,Honda,Volkswagen. Plus to note that it's in the family or step family of the Nissan Skyline with it's SE-R SPEC V engine.

I GOT MY SPEC V FULLY LOADED for $18,600
By RICKY TAN on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

All I have to say is that for 2002, there is certainly not a better car for the money. I am getting 0-60 times of 7 flat and 1/4 mile times of 15.3-5 depending on the day. If someone can please show me a better car that came fully loaded with a cd player, 6 disk changer, 9 speaker system, subwoofer, sunroof, front and side airbags, ABS, spoiler, helical limited slip differential, and 17 in flossin Enkei rims, I would really like to see. There is no doubt in my mind that this car kicks ***. I am a junky for the turn, and if you like to take turns at high speeds, then this is the car for you.

spec V
By timmy b on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i just bought the 2002 nissan se-r spec V about a week ago. this car i VERY fun to drive and VERY fast. the 2 things i don't like about it is the color of the seats, there all red unless you get the leather package and the dealership where i got the car (Colonial Nissan) gave me s**t about getting the floor mats that were supposed to come with the car. other than that it's a good deal!

Just bought a Spec V
By Edmund's junky on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just purchased in mid-April 2002 from Libertyville IL. The sticker was $18,800 for the Spec V w/ audio fanatic & sunroof packages. Ended up paying $18,000 even, which isn't bad (vibrant blue). The 6 speed manual is great, a lot of power. The ride is a little rough, but that is expected with the performance suspension, but overall is not that bad. The 300 watt audio system is great, enough bass, but also has good clarity as well. Styling is cool, 17" wheels look fantastic, agressive- looking front end, and 4-dr still maintains sporty look while providing more room. Overall I'm very happy w/ my purchase.

LOTS OF CAR FOR THE MONEY!!!!
By toothfairy on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

If you are looking for a compact per- formance vehicle for around $20k, this car is PERFECT!! After driving a Honda Civic Ex for the past 3.5 years, I'm in heaven!! We're talking 175hp vs. 127hp. It MOVES!! After reading another consumer's review describing the Spec V as a "pocket rocket", pretty well sums it all up.

Drive it to believe it.
By jenninc on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

For under $20K my car can performs in a class with $40K competitors. Contrary to Edmunds own statistics, its capable of 7-7.1 second 0-60 times. Most 5- speeds will hit 60 in second gear, but the Spec-V is geared lower in 1st and 2nd and hence you must get into 3rd to hit 60 mph - but by that time you'll have a smile plastered across your face. The car feels solid, with a suspension that makes most sedans feel like SUVs when cornering. Dual anti- sway bars and a front strut tower brace lend rigidity to the frame. Edmunds says its styling is boring, but compare it to car makers trying to be cool with their wavy lines, and the Spec-V simply looks better.

Greatest Sentra yet
By BLUEBYU2 on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have two now. '01 SE 2.0 and the new Spec V. this has been the most fun car that i have ever owned. What a great price too. you can't get this kind of performance and looks in any other car in its price range.

The most awesome car
By Spec-V lover on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This is a spectacular car. The exterior and interior are great and with so much power you can race and blow away hondas and many other cars!!!!1

good car for your buck
By landon1219 on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am an old SER fan! I bought an SER in 94 and then again in 2002! This time I went with the Spev V, cause the 6 speed and the wheels! I think that it is a good car for the buck! I can only hope that this is as good a car as the SER that I bought in 94! Which I still have and drive everyday, almost!