Used 2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

Solid dependable car
By David Bustamante

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This version of the Sentra combines nimble handling, quiet ride, plush interior, and great gas mileage. Zero mechanical problems in 20 months of driving. The improved engine is problem-free and provides plenty of power.

Favorite Features

Rear passenger seat folds down for extension of trunk space.

A good bet
By Jenny Bee

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in Jan. 2003, and it was a former rental. I was going from an '88 Honda civic to this one, so I was pretty impressed. It's a good looking car. A bit small, but my family of four fits just fine. A few things broke: front pwr. windows wont roll, AC works only on high. I am bummed, but still happy with my choice.

Favorite Features

Good power, even when going up steep hills on freeways

Suggested Improvements

Back seats a bit crowded, front needs cup-holders that won't get lost (mine is gone), better shocks are needed for sure. We've got our fair share of potholes here in Honolulu.

It OK
By Boriqua

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My AC went out. It Left me stranded once, but had a recall so Nissan fixed the probelm for free "ECU and oxygent sensor had to be replaced". Besided that I runs like a champ.

computer replacement at 46,000 miles
By Karen

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fast, fun car to drive but I was unhappy to find that one dealer said a sensor was out causing the transmission to malfunction and then they replaced the sensor again because I didn't make it around the block without the check engine light coming on again. Two days later after the second fix it happened again. I took it to another dealer who correctly diagnosed it as the computer itself and replaced it under warranty. I hope the new computer will last longer than another 46,000 miles!

Favorite Features

I like the quick pick-up with acceleration. The stereo system is also very good.

Suggested Improvements

The car needs a more comfortable back seat and definitely more legroom. A larger trunk would also be handy.

You get more than you pay for!
By taohk

2002 Nissan Sentra Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchase this car new at $14000 with auto-trans, spoiler, alloy wheel, cruise control, fog lights, 180w + 7 speakers stereo, leather wheel. So far, I never had any problems until the ECU recall. Nissan dealer did the recall service, after that I had replace the Oxygen senser under warranty. Later Nissan replace the entire on-board computer. I think they short-out my chip while they fix the ECU recall. The car runs great. After 40k, the car still run like a new car. The paint still shine even I park the car outside all the time. I am 6-3 still fit into the driver seat nicely. I gived this car to my girlfriend. She really like the shape and the handling.

Favorite Features

The upgrade stereo is very nice. Spoiler and alloy wheel make it look very sporty. It is $2500 cheaper compare with corolla and civic since the Nissan give big rebate. I would get the 2.5S if it was avaiable at 02. The ride is sniff compare corolla and civic, but it is more soft now.

Suggested Improvements

I think the material for the car can be better. More rear leg room and longer wheelbase.