2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
Good Value
By John on 01/04/05 14:05 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V has had some problems. The parking brake is insufficient to hold the car on a steep incline. I had an insurance claim due to this. Also, the recalls have been plentiful. The interior and exterior panels are cheap. On the plus side, Nissan powertrains are near indestructable. As long as you keep up with regular maintenance and don't abuse them, they will run 250,000 miles with minimal problems. The 2.5 liter engine is very torquey and powerful for a 4 banger. Combine this with a close ratio 6-speed and you have a very quick, fun car to drive. The handling is phenominal for an old school chassis. The car rides rough with a good bit of road noise. Overall, it's a good value. I'm at 20,000 miles and am still smiling. I would buy another.

Nice car, but not very fuel efficent
By jason on 12/07/04 12:12 PM (PST)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R mainly because of Nissan's reputation for building reliable vehicles, but I've been very dissapointed in the fuel ecomony. I was expecteting something close to what was adverstised on the sticker (25-28 city).. but I've never gotten better than 21... not a huge difference.. but dissapointing.

vspec > vtec
By ks86 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

just recently bought the car and so far i really like it. the car suprised me with its power that it has. bought the car with 50k miles on it and theres a few minor repairs needed, but nothing too big.. this car is a really good value.. just as fun to drive as a srt4, but 10k less.. recommended :) (for all specv owners, throw a cold air intake on it, makes such a difference in sound and high end torque for less then 200$)

I'll never buy another nissan
By jweller on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car instead of a civic and it's the biggest mistake of my life. It's been towed back to the dealer 4 times because it simply refuses to start. the official response is that I've flooded the engine and needs a $115 fuel system service. nissan corporate customer service is worthless. The paint is of very low quality, sprayed very thin, and has orange peeled. It looks worse than my 7 year old honda. Now it needs a $700 airbag module that is not covered by the warranty, at 47k miles! cheap interior is falling apart and showing signs of wear already. There have been 3 or 4 recalls, which I have not been notified of. I'll be selling this car very soon, despite being $2k upside down.

I would not recommend this car!!!!
By Brittany on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've taken my car to the dealership more times than I care to count. This car has A LOT of problems. It won't start. It dead stopped on railroad tracks, dealer said they fixed it, got the car back and four hours later it stopped in the middle of the road again!!! I had my cruise control on for 45 min. on the interstate and all of the sudden it started accelerating. My feet were no where near the pedals. I had to turn of cruise control to get it to stop. Nissan customer service really sucks and they won't help you at all!!! I've had major recalls on this car and honestly fear for my life when I drive it. God only knows what it will do nex

wow!
By zakkattakk1187 on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i just purchased my spec v. From going from a '95 chrysler concorde, this is completely different for the good. this is the most fun to drive car i've ever driven. i highly suggest getting one!

03 sentra spec v
By johnny20 on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

road holding performance is incredible, id like to put on wider tires however for increased lateral acceleration and acceleration seems a bit slow, possibly due to a restricting air filter ... not sure tho, otherwise i like everything about this car.

You get more than you pay for!
By taohk on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchase this car new at $14000 with auto-trans, spoiler, alloy wheel, cruise control, fog lights, 180w + 7 speakers stereo, leather wheel. So far, I never had any problems until the ECU recall. Nissan dealer did the recall service, after that I had replace the Oxygen senser under warranty. Later Nissan replace the entire on-board computer. I think they short-out my chip while they fix the ECU recall. The car runs great. After 40k, the car still run like a new car. The paint still shine even I park the car outside all the time. I am 6-3 still fit into the driver seat nicely. I gived this car to my girlfriend. She really like the shape and the handling.

Great Car!
By cobb_cruiser on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several Nissan vehicles (Maxima, 2 Sentra's) and love them. They are definitely built to last long miles. The only problem with my current Sentra is with a clutch plate. I have had it replaced once (under warranty), and it has gone bad again. I need to take it in to the dealer again for repair.

Never Again
By neverNISSANagain on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got rid of a 98 Jetta VR6 because I was having a ton of problems with it. I figured you can't go wrong with a Nissan. I was completely wrong. So far, the car has left me stranded 8 times. Sometimes, out of no where, the car just wont start. It gets towed back to the dealership, they don't know what's wrong with it, then they try to charge me for the tow because they cant find the problem. Crank position sensor replaced twice, radio melts cd's, almost starts a fire. New radio stops working after 2 months. Everytime someone gets in the passenger seat and pulls the door shut, the door handle comes off in their hand. Terrible gas milage, 5-8mpg under stated #'s