2002 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
vspec > vtec
By ks86 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

just recently bought the car and so far i really like it. the car suprised me with its power that it has. bought the car with 50k miles on it and theres a few minor repairs needed, but nothing too big.. this car is a really good value.. just as fun to drive as a srt4, but 10k less.. recommended :) (for all specv owners, throw a cold air intake on it, makes such a difference in sound and high end torque for less then 200$)

I'll never buy another nissan
By jweller on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car instead of a civic and it's the biggest mistake of my life. It's been towed back to the dealer 4 times because it simply refuses to start. the official response is that I've flooded the engine and needs a $115 fuel system service. nissan corporate customer service is worthless. The paint is of very low quality, sprayed very thin, and has orange peeled. It looks worse than my 7 year old honda. Now it needs a $700 airbag module that is not covered by the warranty, at 47k miles! cheap interior is falling apart and showing signs of wear already. There have been 3 or 4 recalls, which I have not been notified of. I'll be selling this car very soon, despite being $2k upside down.

I would not recommend this car!!!!
By Brittany on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've taken my car to the dealership more times than I care to count. This car has A LOT of problems. It won't start. It dead stopped on railroad tracks, dealer said they fixed it, got the car back and four hours later it stopped in the middle of the road again!!! I had my cruise control on for 45 min. on the interstate and all of the sudden it started accelerating. My feet were no where near the pedals. I had to turn of cruise control to get it to stop. Nissan customer service really sucks and they won't help you at all!!! I've had major recalls on this car and honestly fear for my life when I drive it. God only knows what it will do nex

wow!
By zakkattakk1187 on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

i just purchased my spec v. From going from a '95 chrysler concorde, this is completely different for the good. this is the most fun to drive car i've ever driven. i highly suggest getting one!

03 sentra spec v
By johnny20 on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

road holding performance is incredible, id like to put on wider tires however for increased lateral acceleration and acceleration seems a bit slow, possibly due to a restricting air filter ... not sure tho, otherwise i like everything about this car.

You get more than you pay for!
By taohk on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchase this car new at $14000 with auto-trans, spoiler, alloy wheel, cruise control, fog lights, 180w + 7 speakers stereo, leather wheel. So far, I never had any problems until the ECU recall. Nissan dealer did the recall service, after that I had replace the Oxygen senser under warranty. Later Nissan replace the entire on-board computer. I think they short-out my chip while they fix the ECU recall. The car runs great. After 40k, the car still run like a new car. The paint still shine even I park the car outside all the time. I am 6-3 still fit into the driver seat nicely. I gived this car to my girlfriend. She really like the shape and the handling.

Great Car!
By cobb_cruiser on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned several Nissan vehicles (Maxima, 2 Sentra's) and love them. They are definitely built to last long miles. The only problem with my current Sentra is with a clutch plate. I have had it replaced once (under warranty), and it has gone bad again. I need to take it in to the dealer again for repair.

Never Again
By neverNISSANagain on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got rid of a 98 Jetta VR6 because I was having a ton of problems with it. I figured you can't go wrong with a Nissan. I was completely wrong. So far, the car has left me stranded 8 times. Sometimes, out of no where, the car just wont start. It gets towed back to the dealership, they don't know what's wrong with it, then they try to charge me for the tow because they cant find the problem. Crank position sensor replaced twice, radio melts cd's, almost starts a fire. New radio stops working after 2 months. Everytime someone gets in the passenger seat and pulls the door shut, the door handle comes off in their hand. Terrible gas milage, 5-8mpg under stated #'s

Good Value
By warwickfender on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a lot more torque than other small cars in the same price range - and that's what makes it a very fun car to drive. The manual transmission is a bit notchy, the interior materials arean't of the highest quality, and the red-colored instrument panel is tough to see sometimes.... But you need to remember that this is baiscally a cheap economy car with a big engine dropped in it. If you take it for what it is, it's a great car. I've been averaging 28 mpg with mostly highway driving - not great for a small car, but there is a lot more bottom end on this engine than on a Civic or Corolla engine, so you are trading mpg for torque.

Nissian Sentra
By Michaelchops on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Its a great car for one person. or maybee two. I took it on a 3000 mile trip and it was fine. I also took for friends on a weekend trip for 600 miles and it was a bit small. Great car.